Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P1030309-001.JPG

Franca, Brazil
All photo credits mention Franca, though indeed these events reminiscent of the Great Depression Dust Bowl have been taking place thought central and southern Brazil. Quite unprecedented, and likely linked to deforestation and unsound agroindustrial practices, producing ever growing amounts of cane sugar and alcohol, and the soybeans that feed livestock

@dirkomatic got this one

I didn't either. They resembled something vaguely fascistic. It appears the 95 bells represent each of the state's counties, as well as its musical legacy.

I'll come up with something, soon.

To be fair, this is not brutalist architecture and it would be incorrect to call it fascist, though the style known as Stripped Classicism was a favorite of the Nazis, Fascist Italy and was also used by many democratic governments for public building.

Of course I did not know any of this before reading about it just now.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stripped_Classicism

Yes, San Fransisco from Berkeley, CA. From a trip to Cal in 2018.

Around the time, one of my former students was applying for a government job that required Q clearance, so the FBI wanted to interview me. I told them that I would be out of town and visiting Berkeley. They replied "We're the FBI. We can meet you wherever." I ended up talking to the FBI agent on the roof of the astronomy department. It felt very X Files.

@Andres Falconer you're up again.

Back