Mixt my corn sugar hot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

overseasbrewer

Reaction score
Help!!!

Did I kill my beer? This is my first batch and I mixt in the corn sugar boiling hot. Now I am nerves that I should have let it cool down before mixing in.

I do it all the time. It kills a few million yeast cells....out of a few hundred billion yeast cells in my beer. You can quit worrying at any time, your beer will still carbonate and taste fine.

I put the hot sugar water in the bottling bucket first then rack the beer on top. Always worried about getting a consistent mixture so all bottles are the same. Anyway, that would give it more time to cool off while you're prepping the siphon.

I do it all the time. It kills a few million yeast cells....out of a few hundred billion yeast cells in my beer. You can quit worrying at any time, your beer will still carbonate and taste fine.

Thanks a lot... Now i just have to wait another week and a half. :(

You also have to consider that you're adding maybe a pint of boiling water to 5 gallons (I'm assuming) of room-temperature beer. That's a lot of liquid that can absorb the extra heat.

Back