liquid yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonpce

Reaction score
How long should it take for liquid yeast to finish. This is my first time using liquid (wlp 810 san Francisco lager) yeast and as of tomorrow it will be 2 weeks at 60 degrees but the airlock is still going strong. I'm used to dry yeast fininshing much faster. Should this be finished or do I have a potential problem.

Bubbles are not a reliable indicator. Take a gravity reading.

If you pitched just the package with no starter, you may have under pitched, especially for a lager, which will drag out fermentation somewhat. If you did a starter, what was the size? Dry yeast will have much more viable yeast to start. Also 2 weeks for a lager is not unheard of. Agreed, take a gravity reading.

Lagers will take longer (generally) and one vial is probably going to take even longer to chew through everything.

I just pitched the vial. Thanks for the replies I'll check the gravity after work

Back