Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Had a question about regulator. I hear an air leak coming out of the little hole around 10, 11 o'clock (see picture for reference, circled in red) is this CO2 leaking. I can feel it when I put my finger over it?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_6231.jpeg
    IMG_6231.jpeg
    466.6 KB · Views: 17
Most likely the diaphragm has breached. That would be "A", below (note this is typical and not specific to your regulator).

reg_Classic.gif

If you can find a repair kit for your regulator it isn't difficult to rebuild. Once you done it a couple of times it takes under 10 minutes...

Cheers!

If the diaphragm has developed a breach (the most common regulator failure mechanism, fwiw) it may not regulate properly, but the degree is going to be a function of the leak rate.

That said, if you can literally feel a breeze from the vent, that's a very large leak, likely to exhaust your CO2 cylinder in short order. Your better choice might be to not waste a tank of CO2 while waiting for a rebuild kit...

Cheers!

Back