Late malto dextrin addition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigzippo

Reaction score
So yesterday I made this beer but forgot to add the maltodextrin. Would I be able to get the same effect by boiling it in water and adding it to secondary? Thank you

Yes, it's not fermentable. It's used as a "thickener". You can add it at bottling if the beer needs more body, or whenever you want.

Funny story- my son uses MD in his root beer. Apparently, he used too much or didn't mix it up well. He had bottles of root beer Jell-O. It's not even as good as it sounds..................

Yes, it's not fermentable. It's used as a "thickener". You can add it at bottling if the beer needs more body, or whenever you want.

Funny story- my son uses MD in his root beer. Apparently, he used too much or didn't mix it up well. He had bottles of root beer Jell-O. It's not even as good as it sounds..................

...hmmm, Root Beer Jello Shots...:rockin:

MD can be used at any stage of the game all the way up to adding it with the priming sugar prior to bottling.

even though you say it's bad, I still want to try that.

Thanks for the replies

Latest posts

Back