kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigweenie

Reaction score
Going to buy a kegerator for the garage for a standard keg, any brand better than the other? Like to spend 500 to 700 hundred bucks,Thanks guys

I built mine out of a freezer and made a collar with a johnson temp controller. I will post some pics tomorrow. Came out to around 500.

My neighbor is a big beer drinker so just wanted to get something so when he is over he can enjoy a nice cold beer. When I get the garage done I want to start brewing as a hobby. I see differant brands of kegerators just not sure what is a good brand. Thanks Kvess for your responce, thought I might get a few more, BW

My neighbor is a big beer drinker so just wanted to get something so when he is over he can enjoy a nice cold beer. When I get the garage done I want to start brewing as a hobby. I see differant brands of kegerators just not sure what is a good brand. Thanks Kvess for your responce, thought I might get a few more, BW

We mostly make our own, because it's so much cheaper. I got a full sized fridge off of Craigslist for $50, bought a co2 tank and a regulator for $100 (new), and a few hoses and was in business. You can certainly buy one already made into a kegerator, but not that many of us on this forum have done that.

Just buy a decent used fridge on Craig's list, and then a kegerater conversion kit. It's not hard to install, and you'll save yourself $200-$300

Going to buy a kegerator for the garage for a standard keg, any brand better than the other? Like to spend 500 to 700 hundred bucks,Thanks guys

By "standard" keg do you mean a 15.5 gal (1/2bbl) keg? This is the beer industry standard, but not the home brew standard which is a 5 gal keg. I'd poke around the DIY and/or Equipment sub forums, you'll find tons of information on home built kegorators. I got a 14 cu. ft freezer (enough for around eight 5 gallon kegs) off eBay for $100 bucks, and I spent maybe an additional 670 dollars on wood, casters, brackets and weather stripping. So for less than 200 bux I built something that would cost over $1,000 commercially.

Edit cause this was slightly misleading: I will be spending a couple hundred dollars on the shanks, faucets and hosing to tap my kegs. All together I've spend around 500 dollars, but I'm buying all stainless steel which is driving up my price.

Just buy a decent used fridge on Craig's list, and then a kegerater conversion kit. It's not hard to install, and you'll save yourself $200-$300

Do this^^^^. It will be big enough to put other things in...unless you don't have room for a full size frig.

Here is my setup. I can get 4 corny kegs in. I looked up everything and I have total 300 in it.

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

Back