Keg upgrading-fermenting and serving

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surreal_trip

Reaction score
So I haven't brewed in about 6 months!

Before I get strung up to the nearest yardarm let me explain. My Fermentation space is now my office, as my office is now my first borns room. So this put all those lovely glass fermenters on hold. SWMBO also declared no more glass fermenters as I lost three of them from various accidents, A.K.A. my father in law helping me move my brew gear to my (concrete floored) garage. So I've been saving, and saving, and scrimping, and saving... whats next?

I'm thinking of buying a mini fridge and the basic cobra tap setup Found here. I also plan on using corneys to ferment. basically buy three have one for primary and use co2 to transfer from my primary to the servers. A forum search resulted in mixed results.
What would be the best way to pressure transfer and not oxygenate?
Any recommendations on corney fermenting? I don't mind cutting my batch to 4.5 gallons.

You are going to go through more CO2 than necessary by transferring your batches like that.

You could buy that setup and have three serving kegs and use plastic buckets for fermentation. Oxidation shouldn't be that big of a concern as long as you aren't splashing beer around when transferring from the fermenter to the kegs.

I realize this isn't your dream but why spend all that time saving up for kegs and mini-frig? Why not buy a plastic bucket fermenter (unbreakable, no glass shards to harm you or the first born) and a nice plastic tub (for a water bath to control fermentation temperature) and get back to brewing? You could even continue the theme and get some pet bottles for the beer and again avoid glass.

I realize this isn't your dream but why spend all that time saving up for kegs and mini-frig? Why not buy a plastic bucket fermenter (unbreakable, no glass shards to harm you or the first born) and a nice plastic tub (for a water bath to control fermentation temperature) and get back to brewing? You could even continue the theme and get some pet bottles for the beer and again avoid glass.

I guess I may go that route... I was thinking kegs also for ease of transport and to do no chill- and come on... it's kinda cool!

Pressurized ferment in cornie keg. With second keg connected to gas port to help stabilize gas pressure control and over flow tank. Been pressure fermenting about 10 batches. Quick process. Already carbonated. Drinking in 2 weeks

Latest posts

Back