Kal clone with Sestos components, diagram help.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyGunn

Reaction score
I already posted this same question over at Kal's forum, but I don't seem to be getting too many responses, so I'll try my luck here. I switched the Auber timer and PID's with Sestos and so the wiring is a little different than Kal's build.

I need some advice (reassurance, really) about the following diagram. The only part of the build I'm struggling with relates to the alarm/buzzer, alarm on/off selector switches, Sestos B2E timer and 2 Sestos D1S-VR-220 PID's...mainly is it right? The wire is 14 ga., black is the hot, blue is neutral.

Thanks for any help guys.

sestoswiring.png

Let me know if the picture isn't big enough.

Cheers.

jon.

I've seen your thread but I'm not familiar at all with the Sestos devices.
Also, Kal's diagramming is difficult for this old man to interpret.

Sorry.

P-J

So the timer can control both of the pids? The timer alarm out terminal 7 routes through switches to input terminal 11? When timer goes off, it kills heater in one of the controllers? Also, i want to time a pump to shut off.

So the timer can control both of the pids? The timer alarm out terminal 7 routes through switches to input terminal 11? When timer goes off, it kills heater in one of the controllers? Also, i want to time a pump to shut off.

Not in a Kal clone. The PIDs and timer all run independently, and have their alarm circuits tied in to a shared alarm buzzer. Pumps are turned on and off manually. The PIDs control the elements, and there are manual switches to shut off the elements independent of PID control.

I am not familiar with Sestos PIDs either.

On my timer, I have terminal 3 connecting to terminal 4 through the switch to control the reset. And I have terminal 6 as the alarm output for the timer. Based on the wiring diagram in the pic you would have it right, but the alarm was always on when I had it connected to terminal 8

Back