J. Wakefield OG's Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish you were right...

The way I read it is there won't be set timed releases, in year's past they'd give you specific times if I remember correctly, and then the lines would get insane leading up to those times. I think, and I could be wrong, but It appears the tappings will be at random and announced as they occur via the app.

The way I read it is there won't be set timed releases, in year's past they'd give you specific times if I remember correctly, and then the lines would get insane leading up to those times. I think, and I could be wrong, but It appears the tappings will be at random and announced as they occur via the app.
I think you are right. Which should be humorous for many of us to watch the herd scamper with each new alert.

**ALERT** Derivation keg tapped...
rocky.park_.bench_1.gif

What's funny is CCB said that's not going to happen. It's all reminiscent of when gunhaver said "don't show up early" in 2014. I'm glad I stopped giving a **** about all these "extra special super elite" beers. Two years ago I would have been all over this ********.

we're going to sell pallets of triple barrel hunahpu's at 8:00am

People complain enough about the current shirts as it is

My only complaint is the shirts aren't rude enough. I passed on the batch 1 OG shirt (which I kind-of regret) because you censored the swearing for some wimpy talk. "Nobody Gives A **** What Brewery You Have Been To" was so, so perfect.

My only complaint is the shirts aren't rude enough. I passed on the batch 1 OG shirt (which I kind-of regret) because you censored the swearing for some wimpy talk. "Nobody Gives A **** What Brewery You Have Been To" was so, so perfect.

JulianB rolls hard as ****, thug life or bust.

thug-life-white-kid.jpg

p.s. please get these glasses and drink DFPF out of them at the festival.

Whew, I made it! Now, to be fair, I was only reading every fifth page up until about 110, at which point things became more temporally relevant.

Let me start by saying, thank you Grumpy; thank you.

You will thank me for years. Can't believe I had to talk you into that.
This is exactly what I was telling my friend who split the membership with me. But then he had to move to CA for work, and suggested I buy him out because it would be simpler than figuring out how/when to split the beers. Little did I know, we had all the time in the world to sort out those minor details. To this day, he still mocks me for my stupidity :(

WTF is this? When I asked about this while drinking in the tasting room in July I was scoffed at.

Interesting. When I was there last week, the girl working the taps originally said "I'm not sure if we're doing that," but then she texted JW and confirmed that in fact they are doing that. So, it seems consistency even in the tasting room is an issue. Anyone else have any stories like this?
This exact thing happened to me in early June. I was visiting the Keys with my fiancee's family, and she and I stopped in on the way back to the airport. While I was able to get a second leaky bottle of DFPF, I was told in no uncertain terms that OGs do not get discounts at the tasting room. I tried to mention that I was pretty sure that I remembered something along these lines... "trust me" and the bartender walking away was what I got.

At the same time, he went over to talk to the only other patron at the bar, and was explaining how they hold stuff back so that they can maintain hype around their beers. Not that this is at all surprising in view of this delight of a thread, but I found it amusing. Sent this message, verbatim, to a friend: "Homies at JWB straight admitting they hold back stuff so that it doesn't lose its allure. Classic."

I forgot that the laws of universe forbid brewers from brewing more than 150 bottles of a beer.
See above, it's a ploy! (I know, we all know at this point, we all know)

I guess in the end, it sucks to be on the receiving end of a business owner who thinks there is nothing wrong with delivering the bare minimum to the people who helped them off the ground. While at the same time making better stuff available to the public (or the same stuff, for far less money). And doing literally the bare minimum ("I filled my friends growler last night from my kegerator at home, and he's an OG, therefore I have provided one of the promised surprises") to avoid actually being a liar (fwiw, I still think he lied to us, not that it means much at this point).

But it's not all doom and gloom. In fact, I've now paid $50/bottle for a Berliner (I never got my glass and the shirt is worthless, so... $50), something I literally never thought I would be able to claim. Prior to this, I would have scoffed at paying that same $50 for Fou' Foune. But now -- and this is thanks to you JW! -- I understand that paying $150 for Fou' is totally reasonable. And that $750 for 12oz. of flyover adjunct stout is actually a bargain. In short, without JWB's guidance, I would not have undergone this metamorphosis to newmoney shitlord, and could not be happier.

THANKS JWB.

Last edited:
HageDoH.png

Just when you thought Wakefield was finished, he comes through we these awesome caps!
These stylish foam hats come complete with the straightened bill, huge contrasting sticker, and the standard Miami hot pink. Make sure everyone knows you are 100% Miami!

20 dollars a hat or trade in OG bottles of DFPF for a 10 dollar credit! (Credit does not apply if cap is leaking.)
Why aren't those hats $50?

Boot camp during a bottle release... This will definitely go well.

auh4sw.png
Would be funny if a brewery tied a bottle release to some sort of athletic competition. Instead of standing in line or buying a ticket online, in order to purchase a bottle a person has to complete some obstacle course. The more times you complete it, the more bottles you have the right to purchase (or maybe tie the number of bottles to the time it takes to complete it). I can already see the mule ISOs on the bulletin boards at local gyms.

Would be funny if a brewery tied a bottle release to some sort of athletic competition. Instead of standing in line or buying a ticket online, in order to purchase a bottle a person has to complete some obstacle course. The more times you complete it, the more bottles you have the right to purchase (or maybe tie the number of bottles to the time it takes to complete it). I can already see the mule ISOs on the bulletin boards at local gyms.
Maybe my size M shirt would finally play in my favor...

Liability. Can't have dead beer geeks laying all over the place.

Best idea ever. For added difficulty, you are required to buy a pour between attempts at the course.

Then the next day the bottle is half price and no limit to-go at the bar. I think I'm finally ready to open a brewery thanks to this thread.

Best idea ever. For added difficulty, you are required to buy a pour between attempts at the course.

Then the next day the bottle is half price and no limit to-go at the bar. I think I'm finally ready to open a brewery thanks to this thread.
And if you wanted to get really dark about it, the secondary value of the beer would inevitably get tied to how dangerous the athletic endeavor was / how many neckbeards got carted off in ambulances (mostly because of their lack of fitness).

any ogs have not even french 2.0? so oddly astringent. first beer i've drainpoured in a while. i cant help but think he knew it sucked and just dumped it off on us.

At this point, why would anyone actually drink any of the last two OG bottles? He has made up some narrative in his head where OGs are the ******** for this going wrong. He seems petty enough that I wouldn't be surprised at all if you are drinking piss, literally. You would literally have to pay me to drink any thing intended for OGs past Miami Madness and I wouldn't feel good about that one.

Find someone with a BA acct, trade this ****, never ever say anything good about this guy again or drink any of his **** and move on with life, profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back