J. Wakefield OG's Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_n13275DaJF1toc0a2o1_500.gif
Please, no one actually thought I was serious on that point did they? He will get back though I'm sure.

Gah! I completely forgot today was the last day to pick up bottles. Anyone in the area maybe have a chance to grab my bottles for me? I can offer hi-fives and reach-arounds, and some Tampa beer as a thank you.

Of course, that also assumes that there will be someone at the brewery to read an email designating a new trustee and take action on it...

edit: huge thanks to chard_logic!

Last edited:
Gah! I completely forgot today was the last day to pick up bottles. Anyone in the area maybe have a chance to grab my bottles for me? I can offer hi-fives and reach-arounds, and some Tampa beer as a thank you.

Of course, that also assumes that there will be someone at the brewery to read an email designating a new trustee and take action on it...

04d73055a37e614c0bd3c601b3806fa7.gif

No worries. I got you covered. Check your pm.

For once the Wakefield thread on the other channel seems even more heated than this one. This post was interesting:

Completely agree with this. I got to the event around 2:30 with the plans to line up for bottles. I was disappointed, but I did not feel that it was the time to confront the guy about it. Other than that, it was a great event and I didn't want to take his time to complain about one aspect of it. I am far from the only person in this situation. While trivial, I was hoping to see something about this mishap on their Instagram sometime between the event and their next #BreweryBootCamp. Instead they just removed any reference to the 3PM release to their earlier posts. To somebody who hasn't talked to anybody from the brewery since the event, it would look a lot more like sweeping it under the rug than owning up to it.

Sounds like the whole owning up to this criticism thing is going really well and he has definitely learned to stop making promises he won't keep.

Hey man, he did say sorry to the few who said something to him at the party.

BeerAdvocate said:
...He apologized to those it happened to, in person, when they wondered what had happened. No reason for him to have to address people online, when they were all there...

It's as if people expect him to act like any other brewery (read: human) on Earth and you know... Try to make things right with his customers through a medium they've been constantly using.. I guess we're huge ********.

Last night I was really wishing I had something along the lines of a 6oz beer. Wanted a dessert-ish nightcap but wasn't feeling an entire bottle.

Broke down and drank a Kuhnhenn 4D.

This is what makes having a kegerator at home so nice, well one of the reasons. I have BA Yeti on tap so you don't have to deal with a bomber when all you want is a few ounces to polish you off. Another nice thing about it is the cost per ounce on most beers.

Back on topic, I sold my membership months ago to this mess but since it is such a cluster**** I have been getting some of the bottles anyhow. So **** you JW.

1E5D58EB-07CE-4C3C-9A1D-728D0DBD0B37.jpg

This is what makes having a kegerator at home so nice, well one of the reasons. I have BA Yeti on tap so you don't have to deal with a bomber when all you want is a few ounces to polish you off. Another nice thing about it is the cost per ounce on most beers.

Back on topic, I sold my membership months ago to this mess but since it is such a cluster**** I have been getting some of the bottles anyhow. So **** you JW.

yeah I trusteed for a while for the guy you sold to. your names still on this list and his is written in pencil.

Ya! FU JW, here's my money!.....o_O

An open summary to JWB -

Man I still remember the first time I had some of your homebrew. A homie showed up with what I thought was Kool-aid and instead it turned out to be a brightly colored "Berliner" made by this cat down in Florida. Totally has it goin on strong I thought. Mental notes made. Attempts to try more successful, always happy with the results. This ****ing dude is going places I thought to myself. Heard old boy trades, seemed like folks were happy and the bro starts getting notice at fests and brings his magic elixirs and folks are drooling on themselves over it. Start to hear some rumblings he is leaving people hanging. In over his head on trades yes? Happens to all of us I suppose. No sweat dude can still grind some low AvB adjunct Berliners like mad. His game will stay on point. Holy **** you all hear? Bro is going legit, fundraiser up get in quick this **** is magic!!! Take my money, let's do this. Hmmm no time lines given but his game is so tight no worries mate. Ok this is taking a bit but surely he will come through. Hahahahahhahahahahas were had. Hope wasn't lost by all. Surely he can do this. Han Solo can't die. Hey guys, we are finally open!!! The beers are coming!!! Oh they leak a little bit still taste good! Here's your bare minimum we promised you. Wait what you ****ers expected us to do anything other than the minimum since we left you hanging for like two years? Hahahahahahahas on you bitches. I'm closing this ****er down because you whiny homies ain't nothing to me. In fact as soon as I shut this ***** down I'm going to produce better beers for half the price just to stick it to you dumbasses that funded my ****. Btw pick your **** up by Tuesday, if you don't I will resell it and make even more off you rejects. Couple years from now everyone will forget this tire fire and joke will be on all of you for forgetting, Florida.

Yeah I've been day drinking. I was going somewhere but got lost in the lousy English and lack of commas.

**** you and your brewery Wakefield. I genuinely hope people stop supporting you. Your complete lack of respect shown towards the people who backed you shows me you are nothing but a piece of ****ing crap dickwad. I hope your brewery folds up like cheap construction paper.

An open summary to JWB -

Man I still remember the first time I had some of your homebrew. A homie showed up with what I thought was Kool-aid and instead it turned out to be a brightly colored "Berliner" made by this cat down in Florida. Totally has it goin on strong I thought. Mental notes made. Attempts to try more successful, always happy with the results. This ****ing dude is going places I thought to myself. Heard old boy trades, seemed like folks were happy and the bro starts getting notice at fests and brings his magic elixirs and folks are drooling on themselves over it. Start to hear some rumblings he is leaving people hanging. In over his head on trades yes? Happens to all of us I suppose. No sweat dude can still grind some low AvB adjunct Berliners like mad. His game will stay on point. Holy **** you all hear? Bro is going legit, fundraiser up get in quick this **** is magic!!! Take my money, let's do this. Hmmm no time lines given but his game is so tight no worries mate. Ok this is taking a bit but surely he will come through. Hahahahahhahahahahas were had. Hope wasn't lost by all. Surely he can do this. Han Solo can't die. Hey guys, we are finally open!!! The beers are coming!!! Oh they leak a little bit still taste good! Here's your bare minimum we promised you. Wait what you ****ers expected us to do anything other than the minimum since we left you hanging for like two years? Hahahahahahahas on you bitches. I'm closing this ****er down because you whiny homies ain't nothing to me. In fact as soon as I shut this ***** down I'm going to produce better beers for half the price just to stick it to you dumbasses that funded my ****. Btw pick your **** up by Tuesday, if you don't I will resell it and make even more off you rejects. Couple years from now everyone will forget this tire fire and joke will be on all of you for forgetting, Florida.

Yeah I've been day drinking. I was going somewhere but got lost in the lousy English and lack of commas.

**** you and your brewery Wakefield. I genuinely hope people stop supporting you. Your complete lack of respect shown towards the people who backed you shows me you are nothing but a piece of ****ing crap dickwad. I hope your brewery folds up like cheap construction paper.

Sipping on a glass of The Statement while I read that and it was perfect.

That guy is a huge POS and will get his.

An open summary to JWB -

tumblr_n3f2c0AGWF1so18vqo1_500.gif

Looking at the label of Barely Something, if the dude can't ****ing spell raspberries correct, what other shortcuts/oversights are happening?

If only he had "misspelled" French as franch, amirite?

An open summary to JWB -

Came here expecting to find out more about what has happened to Wakefield and this summed it right up. Thank you.

You know how you get the vocal people who threaten crazy things to athletes when their favorite sports team loses? I'm honestly surprised no one has threatened bodily harm to Wakefield or to burn his brewery down, especially with the anonymity of the internet.

You know how you get the vocal people who threaten crazy things to athletes when their favorite sports team loses? I'm honestly surprised no one has threatened bodily harm to Wakefield or to burn his brewery down, especially with the anonymity of the internet.

Would you threaten a Jedi that does crossfit(as Ryan noted)?

When it comes to physical fitness, beer geeks are keenly aware of their limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back