J. Wakefield OG's Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Crowdbrewed campaign doesn't close until 10/25. I'm sure we'll get charged on the 26th.

This. You set up pending payment or payments if you ordered anymore bottles. The crowdbrewed website is having issues I think. I tried to submit an email to them through it which didn't work either.

This. You set up pending payment or payments if you ordered anymore bottles. The crowdbrewed website is having issues I think. I tried to submit an email to them through it which didn't work either.
I sent them an email and at first they said it was my problem. After a little back and forth theyverified there is a problem and said IT is looking at it and will let me know when it's fixed.

In ! hope they set a date for the party soon so i can possibly make travel plans ! would really love to be there

I lost my trustee in the great banning..... I contacted Sendsilk amongst others, but don't recall who agreed to do it :(

I think so...

Is he on BT? Can someone send him a message for me? I'm not exactly on the Bro's good side these days..... and I wouldn't have it any other way.
He said he's on here. He also said he offered his services but you declined saying you had someone lined up. Guess that wasn't him.

Anyone else having trouble ordering more donor bottles? I have signed in then clicked add( trying to buy one at a time) but nothing shows up in my shopping cart.

tumblr_m6409bW3pa1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

Sent me a message this morning saying it's working. I had to log in with my account again before it let me purchase the bottles. Still have to purchase one at a time

Ok so what am I missing? I signed up for the $300 OG. I havent received anything and now people are talking about buying individual bottles?

Ok so what am I missing? I signed up for the $300 OG. I havent received anything and now people are talking about buying individual bottles?

$30 Pledge: "750mL "Donor Party" Specialty Brew - A single bottle of our one-off batch of a specialty beer to be brewed for our Donor Party."

Nice! I'm a gambling man so may need to take the plunge
You will get one bottle for being a member. They will hold it for you or your trustee can pick it up if you can't make the party. If you want extra bottles then you need to buy them through the $30 pledge option

You will get one bottle for being a member. They will hold it for you or your trustee can pick it up if you can't make the party. If you want extra bottles then you need to buy them through the $30 pledge option

Yea, split an OG with Dunt so any chance for multiples is welcome. Thanks for heads up though

While I didn't act in time to get the OG membeship, I did donate or one of the single bottles. Now to find a #gopickitupformebro trustee for that single bottle...

Buying the bottles one at a time sucks but I got all i wanted.

Do you have some inside info, or are you just crossing your fingers that it won't be something really plain jane for $30 a pop?

In my mind I'm thinking this donor party will come soon after the doors open. I'm wondering what kind of sour/BA something-or-other can be put together in a short time. Or maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way.

Last edited:
Do you have some inside info, or are you just crossing your fingers that it won't be something really plain jane for $30 a pop?

In my mind I'm thinking this donor party will come soon after the doors open. I'm wondering what kind of sour/BA something-or-other can be put together in a short time. Or maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way.

Crossing fingers, I wouldn't think one would make a turd for a donor party and the couple beers I've had from him were fantastic

Also I joined Crooked Stave reserve in 2012 crossing my fingers that Chad would start cranking out some gems, we all know how that turned out...

I'm wondering what kind of sour/BA something-or-other can be put together in a short time.
Something BA might take some time, but the berliners don't have that long a turnaround IIRC. Some of you homebrewers can probably correct me if I'm wrong though.

Wellp, it's my lucky day. I got to try Dragonfruit Passionfruit and Miami Madness at WTFunk on Friday and they blew me away. Seriously - in a room full of absurdly ridiculously amazing beer, those two were my #1 and #2 top picks. Was kicking myself for not signing up, but then, who would sign up for a reserve society for a nonexistent brewery, right?

Sooooo... just went to check on his crowdfunding campaign to see what extraordinary amount of money he's raised so far... and what do you know, someone cancelled their order for the OG membership right before my very eyes. Did not hesitate. Made it mine.

So, uh, who wants to be my trusty trustee?

Last edited:
Wellp, it's my lucky day. I got to try Dragonfruit Passionfruit and Miami Madness at WTFunk on Friday and they blew me away. Seriously - in a room full of absurdly ridiculously amazing beer, those two were my #1 and #2 top picks. Was kicking myself for not signing up, but then, who would sign up for a reserve society for a nonexistent brewery, right?

Sooooo... just went to check on his crowdfunding campaign to see what extraordinary amount of money he's raised so far... and what do you know, someone cancelled their order for the OG membership right before my very eyes. Did not hesitate. Made it mine.

You must be living right for that type of luck. And I agree about the two Wakefield being the best Friday night.

Also, I know that our memberships include at least 6 bottles per the funding site, but I thought I read that someplace else he said probably more like at least 8 bottles... did I dream that up or did J. Wakefield say that somewhere?

Also, I know that our memberships include at least 6 bottles per the funding site, but I thought I read that someplace else he said probably more like at least 8 bottles... did I dream that up or did J. Wakefield say that somewhere?
He said he'd like to do at least 8 but could only guarantee the 6 right now.

I'm not saying it will be BA, cause who knows, but I do know he's got some beer in barrels right now. I can't remember where, but he's posted pictures of stuff going into barrels, likely a friendly brewery in Tampa (CCB? Cycle? Brewer's Tasting Room? Who knows). I would bet the beer won't suck, though.

If you haven't had any takers, I'll trustee for ya.

I'm not saying it will be BA, cause who knows, but I do know he's got some beer in barrels right now. I can't remember where, but he's posted pictures of stuff going into barrels, likely a friendly brewery in Tampa (CCB? Cycle? Brewer's Tasting Room? Who knows). I would bet the beer won't suck, though.

If you haven't had any takers, I'll trustee for ya.
If you wouldn't mind trustee-ing for that one bottle for me, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back