Is my fermentation done?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puzx

Reaction score
Hello,
It has been two weeks since I brewed my pacific coast IPA. The FG is pretty close (recipe says FG of 1.013. Last I checked, after 7 days fermenting, it was at 1.010). I usually keg at two weeks, however, I noticed the airlock is still bubbling at about 1 bubble every 10 seconds. Does that mean it is still fermenting? or am I good to keg now?

I noticed the airlock is still bubbling at about 1 bubble every 10 seconds. Does that mean it is still fermenting?
She could be still fermenting, yes.
If it were sheer outgassing it would not bubble that fast or for very long.

Did you move the fermenter to a warmer area?
When did you add the dry hops? How much?

She could be still fermenting, yes.
If it were sheer outgassing it would not bubble that fast or for very long.

Did you move the fermenter to a warmer area?
When did you add the dry hops? How muc
The fermenter has been in the same spot, with very little to no variation in temperature. I dry hopped last sunday, so a week ago.

The fermenter has been in the same spot, with very little to no variation in temperature. I dry hopped last sunday, so a week ago.
There could be some hop creep taking place. Or perhaps an infection.
I'd keep an eye on it and re-measure gravity 3 days after any (visual) activity has ceased.

Since you're kegging, if the beer isn't completely finished fermenting (a couple points left to go), it won't create havoc, just over-carbonated, foamy beer.

Hullo! I have a NEIPA fermenting in a fermzilla and seem to have encountered something I have never had happen in many batches of brewing. I am using the Verdant IPA yeast (pitched an entire packet for a 10L batch). The fermentation took off and I got a massive dome at the peak of fermentation (at 18c). That has not subsided but the krausen seems to not be abating at all. It's been 8 days since I started fermentation and the gravity reading has also been constant for 4 days now. I need to dry hop and then keg it. Should I wait a few more days for a cleanup?

Thank you!

Attachments

• Fermentation Krausen.jpg
    Fermentation Krausen.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • high krausen.jpg
    high krausen.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
[...]It's been 8 days since I started fermentation and the gravity reading has also been constant for 4 days now. I need to dry hop and then keg it. Should I wait a few more days for a cleanup?

Since I started brewing neipas I have made it a practice to give the fermentation enough time for the krausen to drop on its own and not push on it. I use 1318 (aka London III, from which Verdant may be a selected sub-strain) and it typically takes a full two weeks. I have two batches going right now, one 12 days post-pitch, the other 10, and it appears they will both hold to that regimen.

I'd wait...

Cheers!

Since I started brewing neipas I have made it a practice to give the fermentation enough time for the krausen to drop on its own and not push on it. I use 1318 (aka London III, from which Verdant may be a selected sub-strain) and it typically takes a full two weeks. I have two batches going right now, one 12 days post-pitch, the other 10, and it appears they will both hold to that regimen.

I'd wait...

Cheers!
Noted. Thank you! Shall wait then.

Back