In Need of Advise (Expedited Time Tables)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Virginia_Ranger

Reaction score
I know, I know - you can't rush good beer. Unless you over commit for a Halloween party....

I brewed a DIPA using K-97 last night for it to be ready to serve in 10 days. Yikes right? Usually for these NEIPA / DIPAs I don't sweat that time frame in a pinch (obviously more time is better). I can usually pitch Notty ferment out in 3 days dry hop at room tempature for 36 hours, cold crash for 24 hours, force carb with carb stone for 36-48 hours and serve with hops in the keg and its just fine.

My main issue is I didn't use Notty (was following a recipe) and now I am a bit panicked because I don't think K-97 is going to fit my schedule as well. Throw into the mix I have to go out of town on Monday till late Wednesday night.

My thoughts are I transfer (fermenting in corny kegs) the beer from primary to a secondary (and serving) keg with the hops and let that sit for dry hopping till I am back and then cold crash and carb that one and serve with hops still in there. Thats what my gut says but that would be with using Notty. Am I at big risk of it not being fermented all the way with K-97? Should I sacrifice some hop flavor to give the beer a full 7-8 days in the primary or will there be enough in there to finish out while dry hopping?

Thanks in advance!

Dang man your up against it. That is some crunching for sure . Your plan seems like it should be fine . Gotta go with your gut. I used k97 on a kolsch . I think that's what it was and I wanna say the majority of the fermentation was done in 4 /5 days . Good luck , I think you'll be fine .

Dang man your up against it. That is some crunching for sure . Your plan seems like it should be fine . Gotta go with your gut. I used k97 on a kolsch . I think that's what it was and I wanna say the majority of the fermentation was done in 4 /5 days . Good luck , I think you'll be fine .

Thanks that’s good to know!

Back