hop editions question?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WheaYat

Reaction score
ok I would appreciate anyone helpin me with this.
I put my hop additions in three different brewing software calculators. HOMEBREW FORMULATOR (on Mac)", BREW PAL (on iPhone), and BREW MATH (on iPhone) curious of the result, sure nuff, each ones different. can someone type in these additions and tell me what u get? I guess the closest to mine i can base it off yours? set to RAGER I'm guessing. I don't know what homebrew formulator uses. anyone?

5 gallons 1/2 oz Czech Saaz - 4.0 AA - 60min 1/4 oz Amarillo - 8.2 AA - 30min 1/2 oz Amarillo - 8.2 AA - 1 min I can't tell u the preboil Gravity. it was probably 1.042. the post boil was 1.050.

About 13.5 IBU's. That's using Tinseth and an average boil gravity which should be as accurate as you'll get using that calculation.

Keep in mind, the calculations are never going to be exactly right. Really just a guide for helping you tie down your system/likes. You wouldn't be able to taste the difference between 5 - 10 IBU's depending upon which study you believe.

Pay attention to your BU/GU ratio as that will help you design your beers to your preferences. I've got you at about .27 which should be a malt forward beer, though you've got a pretty heavy addition of Amarillo at the end which will give you some flavor/aroma.

Good luck.

cp

thanks brotha, homebrew formulator (on computer) has me at 16.1. but i cant switch or even tell if its set to tinseth or rager. it must be rager cause if i put it in my phones Brew Pal calculator on tinseth and im gettin 13 as well. then when i go to ragar its 18. so i assume the computer is set to RAGAR (cant change it). and Phone is on tinseth (or whatever i choose) anyway thanks alot bra !!!! God Bless

Back