12 Beers of Christmas - 2023 Edition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning- hope you are all upright and taking fluids.

I had a great time joining in last year but am afraid that I'm solidly one and done.

All the beers I received were very well brewed and I really enjoyed the comradery, but in the end I don't love these particular styles overall. Interesting to try once for sure, but really not to my taste. I'll make room for someone who'll better appreciate the holiday haul.

Would love to do a similar type of group share with a different category of beers (In my heart I'm a Pilsner/Kolsch/Helles kinda guy). Will be on the lookout for that.

Cheers! Mike

Hello, all! I hope everyone enjoying their 2024 so far. As far as participating this year, I’m also in the “one and done” camp. All of the beer brewed was great, but it was definitely more of a novelty for me than something I care to try again. Also, if someone is going to organize, the instructions should be updated to double the expecting shipping amount — costs have really gone up since the first round of 12 Beers.

That said, if there is an exchange for different styles of beer or something regional where the exchange could be in-person, I’d definitely be willing to take a look.

Agreed, for me the shipping was the only painful item throughout that project.

But I certainly am happy that I was able to participate in that last round. You guys all did wonderfully.
I own a copy of Randy Mosher's book, but I would never would have made it through brewing each of those Christmas suggestions to see what they were all about. I think that it helped me grow as a homebrewer. (maybe?)

Best wishes to @4_Sons_Brewing , @kwilson16 , @mjdonnelly68 , @shetc , @jerbrew , @GoodTimeCharlie , @passedpawn , @thetick , @JAReeves and @Rish

Agreed, for me the shipping was the only painful item throughout that project.

Same. It was a great experience and a great way to sample a unique variety of beers. I would definitely recommend anyone who is curious about them and is on-board with the costs try the exchange at least once.

But I certainly am happy that I was able to participate in that last round. You guys all did wonderfully.
I own a copy of Randy Mosher's book, but I would never would have made it through brewing each of those Christmas suggestions to see what they were all about. I think that it helped me grow as a homebrewer. (maybe?)

Yeah, I looked at that list and knew it would take me years to make my way through all of them. Thanks again to all who participated!

Latest posts

Back