Fruit puree vs. Fruit wine base

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MMJfan

Reaction score
Ok, so I was planning on brewing up an Apricot Blonde to be ready for when the warm weather finally arrives back to NE Ohio and I ordered all of my supplies from my LHBS. But when I went to pick them up, the guy at my LHBS ordered me a can of Vintners Apricot Fruit Wine Base instead of the Vintners Apricot Fruit Puree and I didn't realize this until I got home and opened my box of ingredients.

My question is, can I use this fruit wine base in place of the fruit puree for my brew? And if so, how much should I use. My recipe called for a 49 oz can of fruit puree and the fruit base is 96 oz.

Sounds like the only difference between these products it the wine base is whole fruit packed in it's juices and the purees are already crushed. So you should be able to use interchangeably but you probably want to cut up or crush the whole fruit.

Sounds like the only difference between these products it the wine base is whole fruit packed in it's juices and the purees are already crushed. So you should be able to use interchangeably but you probably want to cut up or crush the whole fruit.

Thanks. I didn't realize it was just whole fruit packed in its own natural juices. I think I'm going to sanitize my blender and purée it myself.

Back