Jumping in feet first- Persimmon Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
Hello! I am getting ready to embark on my homebrew journey. We purchased 7 acres in February 2023, which included 2 apple trees, peaches, cherries, walnuts, chestnuts, and 1 Fuyu and 1 Hachiya persimmon tree, all well established and producing ample amounts of fruit. My persimmons had a bumper crop this year, so much so that having given away or sold over 200 lbs of persimmons I was left with around 8 overflowing flats of Hachiya persimmons. Having processed and frozen 2 flats for baking (around 50 cups of puree all told) I was at a loss as to what to do with the remaining persimmons. (Picture attached for reference.) My stepmother makes amazing blackberry wine, so I decided to try my hand at persimmon wine. After much research I settled on a recipe using Lavlin D47 yeast. I am headed to my local homebrewer supply this weekend to pick up supplies, wish me luck! (Also any advice or suggestions from anyone with experience with persimmon wine would be appreciated!)

Attachments

• 20240101_130751.jpg
    20240101_130751.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back