FoFA 2018

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping they spread out the pouring stations and maybe have a mix of things at each one. Imagine walking up to Table #1 and having your choice of Double Galaxy, Marie, Anna (fresh), and Florence (with a couple years on her). Then you hop in line at Table #2 and your choices are Clara, S&S #6, Genealogy, and some random LoG. Maybe randomly pulling out bottle pours of something vintage just for fun, and to decrease / eliminate the line cutting / hovering.

This is FOFA, not the anniversary party. I could see them doing another Full pour Marie line. But don't see stouts & hops coming to the gang bang.

Individual drink tickets for "Premium / Vintage Pours" might help quell the line issues - both the long wait times and shitlord line jumping. If everyone gets, say 5 specially colored tickets for premium pours, and HF has enough of each "premium" beer to account for all tickets, there will be no reason for anyone to wait in line for anything but meat pies and Caja Madera.

I haven't been to one, but I believe Tree House has done something similar at their anniversary party. Your orange ticket is good for 1 pour of Vanilla Double Shot, and your green ticket is good for King Hazebomb McGee, and your white ticket.... etc...

# of guests x 2oz per pour = Total amount of Premium Beer 'X' you'll need for the fest.

If it's just going to be HF, then i'm sure they'll be well prepared with options and keep the whole thing Simple Stupid.
Tables looking like...
Arthur Punch & Flora pear
Anna 16 & Juicy b3
CD's 17/18/19/22
Flora Peach & Flora 6
Flora BBR & Florence 16
Broso 17 & Broso Gin
Clara Gin & BA Sue
BA Dorothy 1 & POS
CD Plum & Flora Plum
Arthur 16 & Nordic 16
Vera 16 & CD citrus
BA Dorothy 2 & Flora 7
Convivial & Wonder Kale/Lime
Farmers Wave & BA FW
(this is really fun. I recommend that everyone do this)

My point of this is that looking thru this list I'd be psyched for any of the offerings. The only situation where it could get crazy would be Art/Ann/Clover. And if that happens, then we all get in line for it and be psyched for the pour. There really is no need to complicate the whole thing with extra ticket colors because a few people don't know how a line functions. I'm pretty sure that if Clover is put on and we get a 'Side Project' type line, then anyone trying to 'hey buddy' there way in will be met with some abridged rant of not respecting music by wasting your time cutting into lines.
I mean, I really hope there is a Clover line because then I can just run circles through everything else.

tumblr_inline_p3t6w36XjW1rwqjex_500.gif

Since you’re now denying it and saying I made it up instead of owning up to it and apologizing, I’ll go ahead and say that the people you cut were friends that I was hanging with all weekend. bird22 and I saw them when we were done with our pours and saw them in line and said hi. We saw the long line, and I’m not going to lie, I was slightly tempted to just hang there and skip going to the back but it didn’t feel right. Jay and I both walked to the back of the line and waited. It sucked, sure. Then later after it was all said and done Alvaralu GregorySingh and 2 other friends all told the story about how we walked away, you and Hugo showed up and said hi to them and just stayed there. They all asked you to go to the back and even pointed but decided not to escalate it into an altercation. Both of you acted like you didn’t hear them and ignored them. But go ahead and deny it and call people liars.

Sorry to everyone else to hi-jack the thread like this. I just found it funny to see someone complaining about the bottle line at Quintessence when they clearly cut in front of probably 60-80 people who were patiently waiting.
I don't know who any of you are, but I can at least vouch for theLostWizard and verify that he and I joined the line at the same time (when it was to the back of the facility, but not doubling back along the outside wall yet), and while we both took turns grabbing tasters that we had left or heading to the bathroom, we both purchased bottles from that same spot in line.

Not sure what the etiquette is on saving a spot for someone as they bounce off to grab a taster or bite - in general that's seemed to be totally legit as someone grabs line food/or beers and was certainly happening with other groups around us - but that's the extent of untowardness exhibited by theLostWizard (or myself) in this situation.

I honestly don't know who Hugo is, though I probably met him that week, and he certainly wasn't hanging out in line with me. I do remember saying hi to bird22 briefly.

Don, don’t say **** you aren’t gonna follow through on and tease me. Christ he gave me the recipe, I messaged him a couple days after FoFA, I can try to recreate.

I was also in the line. My view is this:

That line sucked.

I did enjoy hanging out with all of you homies In Belgium though.

theLostWizard Alvaralu bird22 are all wonderful people in my experience (though I do generally try to get along with everyone cause drama, especially beer drama, is pretty dumb). I’m assuming I met the rest of you but I was mostly drunk and don’t remember usernames.

It was probably a misunderstanding. Everyone in the line was grumpy cause it kinda sucked waiting in that huge line.

FOFA tho, amirite? Let’s all get along and drink good beers.

That line sucked.

theLostWizard Alvaralu bird22 are all wonderful people in my experience (though I do generally try to get along with everyone cause drama, especially beer drama, is pretty dumb). I’m assuming I met the rest of you but I was mostly drunk and don’t remember usernames.

It was probably a misunderstanding. Everyone in the line was grumpy cause it kinda sucked waiting in that huge line.

see you there :)

That line sucked.

*cuts drunk Fahmie25 in line like*
7cbc3e74e6ddd41cc7dcee55b5edc85b.jpg

That line sucked.

Pretty spot on my thoughts. Haven't met any of said people in real life besides theLostWizard once in the Old Stagecoach parking lot. Granted, I was high on Huevos and life but he seemed like a genuinely nice guy.

I just came here to say that I want to drink Marie all day.

Ok, may have hit a roadblock. My surgery is 06/26 and I will be out approx. 4 weeks. If that is the case then I most likely won't be able to attend FoFA. My company's disability plan has a 5 day waiting period for disability which means either I use PTO time or go no pay for those 5 and I cannot go no pay. With all the time I already have scheduled for the year I have exactly 5 days left, which means no time for FoFA.

BUT, I am going to call and see if I can push the surgery out till after the 4th of July which means the 4 weeks I will be out will run into FoFA weekend thereby allowing me to attend since I will out on disability. Fingers crossed.

Ok, may have hit a roadblock. My surgery is 06/26 and I will be out approx. 4 weeks. If that is the case then I most likely won't be able to attend FoFA. My company's disability plan has a 5 day waiting period for disability which means either I use PTO time or go no pay for those 5 and I cannot go no pay. With all the time I already have scheduled for the year I have exactly 5 days left, which means no time for FoFA.

BUT, I am going to call and see if I can push the surgery out till after the 4th of July which means the 4 weeks I will be out will run into FoFA weekend thereby allowing me to attend since I will out on disability. Fingers crossed.
Dude...

I mean, take good care of yourself but it wouldn't be the same without you

Can't you just be out another week? Just drag out your PT. I'm pretty sure there's a chapter on this in Costanza's Guide to short term disability.

I was hoping this blew up because the buses were confirmed...

It's funny reading this because I'm terrible with normal names, much less connecting those to usernames, but I was definitely in line with all of you at the same time while this was happening. A couple people in front of me were doing the one gets drinks while the other stays for most of the duration (took me just over an hour - and I personally think that procedure is perfectly fine), and a couple people who were not there previously definitely cut right near the front of the line (I recognized one of them, and I'm not one to call people out, but you know who you are, and booourns). So given the whole terrible with names thing, everyone's right and no one's right?

Last edited:
Just booked SLM 2018! We have a whole ****ing farm in Morristown/Stowe, more centrally located than last year for sure. And it has a pool table - Marc you better practice, Canadians going down this year.

Anyone who is interested please shoot me a message, once tickets are secured I’ll start a group conversation. We could literally have half the fest camp at this place, and it “sleeps” 14, so space shouldn’t be an issue.
Safe to assume there will be another bus coordinated from this location? Seems a bit further than Barton, but closer to Stowe is definitely a plus for anyone looking for non-SLM airbnb's / hotels.

Safe to assume there will be another bus coordinated from this location? Seems a bit further than Barton, but closer to Stowe is definitely a plus for anyone looking for non-SLM airbnb's / hotels.
We will coordinate something, actually once raqnroll has the Waterbury situation coordinated, it would be sweet to see if they can stop by on the way to/from HF, we aren’t far off of 100

May the ticket gods smile upon you today gentlemen. I entered anyways, not too concerned with eating the tix since I know folks here will need.

Same, I'm maybe 5-10% to go this year due to schedule conflicts, but between here and other friends I know that unloading the tickets at cost should be easy if I win and can't make it.

if anyone has a bus or DD plan in the Barton area, LMK... 4 of us will be looking for a ride

Does anyone remember how quickly winner's emails go out? Website says names will be drawn randomly "beginning at noon" - but last year I received my "We regret to inform you..." email well after 3pm.

Damn Trillium not only picks the exact same day for their festival, but ticket sales go live at 1pm the same day FoFA emails go out. I really don't want to get both and then have to decide between missing FoFA and eating $60 for the non-transferable Trillium tix.

Does anyone remember how quickly winner's emails go out? Website says names will be drawn randomly "beginning at noon" - but last year I received my "We regret to inform you..." email well after 3pm.

Damn Trillium not only picks the exact same day for their festival, but ticket sales go live at 1pm the same day FoFA emails go out. I really don't want to get both and then have to decide between missing FoFA and eating $60 for the non-transferable Trillium tix.

I think you posted here the wrong thread. Let me direct you to the correct one.

https://www.talkbeer.com/community/threads/tb-first-world-problems-thread.33866/

:D

In the past I believe you could check your credit card statement pretty soon after as they charge you right away, and then emails came shortly after that. I know the one time that I’ve won I got a notification of the $200 or whatever charge from my bank basically right away which gave me the heads up. I’d guess it would be similar this year but who knows

Back