Filtering between Fermenter and Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShadyKnollBrewery

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am generally brewing Extract IPA's or Pale Ale's. Some are full syrup malts, some are DME's. I ferment in a Firmzilla, without pressure fermentation, blow off tube into a 1 gal carboy 1/2 filled with Starsan. From this I push to a keg, through a CO2 push into the firmzilla - direct into a pre-co2 perged keg. my beers have been a bit hazy. No real sediment - but they are not clear either. This time I pushed the beer through a 10micron filter, Small House filter, The filter was first starsan'd then c02 perged. It did not seem to help clear up the fermented beer. I know the DME and Extract is going to give me a darker color beer (working on changing my grain approach). Any other Idea's to clear up the beer? I have cold crashed and also tried gelatin, however, it still is not a clear color. Any idea's would be helpful - thanks!

Back