Fermenting L17 imperial yeast lager help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need help with what I should do.
Rice hull- 1/2 / .5 lbs
Flaked barley - 1/4/.25lbs
Corn flakes - 1 lbs
Briess pale ale malt -4 lbs
OG came out to 1.02
Threw 3 lbs of brown sugar into the 5gallon wort while temperatures were dropping and mixed it in. Let temperatures drop to 55 and pitched the yeast. (Imperial Yeast L17)
Any idea what I should do about the amount of brown sugar I added it’s almost going to be a week into fermentation and I’ve been taking out the krausen since I think it would taste better.
Also trying to figure out what type of style beer this sounds like.
This recipe sounds like a mess. There’s like almost 50 grams of hops in it. But with taking them out with krausen maybe it will turn out good??
Final OG came out to 1.05
The brown sugar of 3 pounds is separated into 2 different brands. Slightly higher than
1 pound of Florida organic raw cane sugar crystals
And 32 oz of C&H golden brown cane sugar. I think this is the most important part.

This are added after first and second boil at the above description as I needed help.

But this is nice when you really get the head and flavor for the beer after second ferment.

The forced carbonation was constant at around 20psi for the head. I than switch to normal pressure fermentation from above to get the beer constant at that pressure.

Last edited:
The brown sugar of 3 pounds is separated into 2 different brands. Slightly higher than
1 pound of Florida organic raw cane sugar crystals
And 32 oz of C&H golden brown cane sugar. I think this is the most important part.

This are added after first and second boil at the above description as I needed help.

But this is nice when you really get the head and flavor for the beer after second ferment.

The forced carbonation was constant at around 20psi for the head. I than switch to normal pressure fermentation from above to get the beer constant at that pressure.
The total amount of hops was around 1.6 ounces with about less than 8 grams of hops in 2nd fermentation under 24 hours. Than I just used a 304 stainless steel wire 120 mesh 0.125mm holes to get rid of the excess hops cuz it smelled perfect to my preference.

Back