Fellowship of the Drink XVII: The Hazy Sour Adjunct Stout Project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m an all around mess here. I haven’t sent out (but the box keeps getting heavier) nor have I received from FoxPaw.

And brown willing, a box will arrive to you today! Hopefully they will now be a little extra careful instead of throwing boxes off the truck at your house.

IMG_4571.JPG

@TBC has a delivery. Always happy when Doug doesn’t get his hands on it.

Somewhere is @LoneTreeFarms pic. It can be calculated...if the pic is found. I might have it on the computer. I'd guess 10lbs of box packing..43lbs of beer.

We're not quite done yet, and I've added since. Figured last one, local, go out with a bang @HopsNTails
IMG_20190516_104518.jpg

Package received from @LoneTreeFarms cant wait to try your sculpin HB. The wife is already claiming the almond joy stout HB and the coconut DIPA. Told her I get at least a sip. Thanks again!

View attachment 626957 View attachment 626958

The coconut dipa is my favorite available right now! Hope there’s a few in there for you to enjoy! I didn’t break the record that still belongs to @PianoMan mine was a respectable 30#

Here’s the record.
IMG_3280.JPG

The coconut dipa is my favorite available right now! Hope there’s a few in there for you to enjoy! I didn’t break the record that still belongs to @PianoMan mine was a respectable 30#

Here’s the record.
View attachment 627007

No, no ... records will be broken for beer weight this round. This will happen, I assure you! @HopsNTails gonna have to bring a bigger box.

Beer weight only, as liquid and NOT any bottle weight nor packing, I get 27.75lbs or 3.3 gallons roughly.

You mean beer volume, not beer weight, yah? Lemme check...I am out to break records and credit cards, mmmmmmmkay! I have a two year hiatus which is going to suck A LOT, so I feel I need a going away party...even if I am the one throwing it, lol...into a box.

Beer weight only, as liquid and NOT any bottle weight nor packing, I get 27.75lbs or 3.3 gallons roughly.

Crapola!

I am at 349 ounces compared to your 422 ounces. Might have to throw in a case of Coors or something because while I will win in weight regardless (a few bottles will tip the scales quickly), I won't win in ounces this way.

OUNCES of beer should be the metric anyways, for obvious reasons, and thus my goal will be to set the new record based on ounces. However, it's a bit tricky because the goal is to include one or two of different beers, so I am going to have to be creative for the last few ounces.

@HopsNTails is in for a treat, regardless. At least Doug and Mark won't be involved!!!

I would say I picked wrong. But I picked @HopsNTails so yeah.

To be fair, the only reason this damn thing is going to be so heavy is because I don't have a to ship. I am using logistics to my advantage...perhaps a little unfair, but you all can eat my chorizo for the next two years if you care that much, bwahahaha!

With that said, I'll probably re-vitalize the LOT thread when I'm lonely, lol.

I think it's way past due time for anyone to be shipping for this exchange.

If you haven't shipped yet, please do so ASAP. Boxes should not be owed by the time the next round is about to start IMO.

If you have a private agreement with your recipient, that's a different story. I'm talking about the lazy people.

I think people should be not allowed to join the next round of an exchange if the new thread starts and they haven't shipped yet if it's due to the above lazy reason.

I think it's way past due time for anyone to be shipping for this exchange.

If you haven't shipped yet, please do so ASAP. Boxes should not be owed by the time the next round is about to start IMO.

If you have a private agreement with your recipient, that's a different story. I'm talking about the lazy people.

I think people should be not allowed to join the next round of an exchange if the new thread starts and they haven't shipped yet if it's due to the above lazy reason.

Honestly I think the “lazy” people make up for their tardy behavior with extra beer.
Not sure how many are still left to ship but doesn’t seem any slower than previous rounds to me.

Honestly I think the “lazy” people make up for their tardy behavior with extra beer.
Not sure how many are still left to ship but doesn’t seem any slower than previous rounds to me.
I agree with this. If I ship mine later than most, (like this time, sorry @TBC) I usually try and add a few more brews to make up for it, and reach out to who selected me to keep them up to speed on what's going on. I think this is pretty common, as we all know this is something we have fun with on the side and our daily lives take priority. Remember to Relax Don't Worry, Have A Home Brew.
TIME FOR FOTD XVIII "Coming of Age?" LOL

I agree with this. If I ship mine later than most, (like this time, sorry @TBC) I usually try and add a few more brews to make up for it, and reach out to who selected me to keep them up to speed on what's going on. I think this is pretty common, as we all know this is something we have fun with on the side and our daily lives take priority. Remember to Relax Don't Worry, Have A Home Brew.

It's just an opinion of mine. I'm as relaxed as anyone else. I just think if you select beers for a beer exchange you should expect them earlier than 5 weeks after the selection date, that's all. That's it. If daily life gets in the way that bad for beers that you have bundled together since they were in a picture together, especially with most of the beers in this being NEIPA and best drank canned yesterday, people would appreciate receiving their package earlier than that.

It's just an opinion of mine. I'm as relaxed as anyone else. I just think if you select beers for a beer exchange you should expect them earlier than 5 weeks after the selection date, that's all. That's it. If daily life gets in the way that bad for beers that you have bundled together since they were in a picture together, especially with most of the beers in this being NEIPA and best drank canned yesterday, people would appreciate receiving their package earlier than that.

Might I remind you this is your second round? This group continues to be very accountable

Never once brought up accountability. I was referring to timeliness. That was my whole point. I don't need to have done 20 of these to be allowed to have an opinion.

Never once brought up accountability. I was referring to timeliness. That was my whole point. I don't need to have done 20 of these to be allowed to have an opinion.

I get where you’re coming from. It’s hard to judge someone’s tone when they’re typing on a forum, so I think people might get a little touchy when being called lazy.

XVIII and life potentially

Back