Fellowship of the Drink XVII: The Hazy Sour Adjunct Stout Project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never once brought up accountability. I was referring to timeliness. That was my whole point. I don't need to have done 20 of these to be allowed to have an opinion.

I for one am typically a late shipper. And I agree with your post, as does my conscience. But I load up some mad beers to make it cool.

Gentlemen: Full Disclosure, I’ve had a few tonight. One thing we need to keep in mind is this is a fellowship trading thread. Everyone needs to relax and keep an open mind and have a beer.

Sometimes this is hard especially on this site seeing that there is beer involved and “social media”. There were a few times that I was probably, most likely out of line on his site, said stuff I shouldn’t have and I accept responsibility but will still blame a certain member in upstate NY that always trades me excellent DIPAs and RIS, never pale ales or session beers.

Most of the participants ship quickly, sometimes I’m in that group and sometimes I delay due to a brewery release that I want the recipient to receive. As long as the 2 members are in communication it shouldn’t matter how long it takes.

I will say I’ve participated in almost all of them and sometimes a few of the same members are always near the end to ship and I’d be glad to choose them every round. Unfortunately I never get the chance.

Okay not sure if I made sense but the moral of my post is this is to have fun, socialize and expose ourselves to beers that we normally don’t have access to.

We’ve got a good group participating in these trading threads and I hate to see this fall apart due to indifferences.

Gentlemen: Full Disclosure, I’ve had a few tonight. One thing we need to keep in mind is this is a fellowship trading thread. Everyone needs to relax and keep an open mind and have a beer.

Sometimes this is hard especially on this site seeing that there is beer involved and “social media”. There were a few times that I was probably, most likely out of line on his site, said stuff I shouldn’t have and I accept responsibility but will still blame a certain member in upstate NY that always trades me excellent DIPAs and RIS, never pale ales or session beers.

Whoever this person is in Upstate NY, I have to meet them some day! Sounds like a pretty good person!
Cheers bud!

Beer!
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190521202621742.jpg

It's just an opinion of mine. I'm as relaxed as anyone else. I just think if you select beers for a beer exchange you should expect them earlier than 5 weeks after the selection date, that's all. That's it. If daily life gets in the way that bad for beers that you have bundled together since they were in a picture together, especially with most of the beers in this being NEIPA and best drank canned yesterday, people would appreciate receiving their package earlier than that.

I generally don’t send the beers in the picture. I’ll admit I just shipped today but also admit it included beers bought from the brewery this weekend.

I’ll wait to be able to send fresh beer and the best selection possible. Sometimes that takes time.

It’s like being 7/8 yrs old in June and waking up and going into the living room first thing....and bam, there’s a xmas tree and a big old box under the tree addressed to u! No idea it was coming today, just got home and a huge box of goodies....Speechless!
IMG_2106.JPG

Plus my new co2 tank came!!!!

It’s like being 7/8 yrs old in June and waking up and going into the living room first thing....and bam, there’s a xmas tree and a big old box under the tree addressed to u! No idea it was coming today, just got home and a huge box of goodies....Speechless!
View attachment 629308

Duckssssssssss

View attachment 629308

Fuzzy baby ducks. Terrible beer. I’ll take the hit. Just send it over.

Soooo Excited for it!

We’ve been debating the ‘best fresh’ on the Ducks. A few friends prefer it after a few months.

Check the bottom of the cans, I tried to give a pair of fresh and a pair of ‘aged’ so you can make up your own mind.

Oh yeah, and those spin cycle cans are from different batches, check the bottom of the cans for the hops used.

Enjoy!

View attachment 629308

Oh yeah, and that apple brandy barrel aged imperial stout trooper was a 1 day, 1 four pack per person limited release.

Not sure if your like imperial stouts, but it’s damn tasty.

I’d say it was well worth the wait!! @jerbrew coming through with a big ol box of deliciousness!View attachment 629394

Enjoy. There are some amazing beers there. The Mikkeller stouts are all great power smooved in unique and the “a friend with wheat” blows my mind every time I have one. You’ll see. The flavor you get versus the appearance of that beer is amazing.

Enjoy. There are some amazing beers there. The Mikkeller stouts are all great power smooved in unique and the “a friend with wheat” blows my mind every time I have one. You’ll see. The flavor you get versus the appearance of that beer is amazing.

Yeah the description alone on that one had me very intrigued. I’m starting off with a couple Pure Project IPAs. Great beers so far.
IMG_5347.JPG

View attachment 629576
Mikkeller A Friend With Wheat. Wheatwine style ale brewed with cocoa nibs & PB coffee... WOW!! Had to share some with the wife

Yea. For whatever reason, Mikkeller prices cans to sell, no complaint. A 5oz taster of that $5. However, a 16oz can...$8 and I get 15% off so I'm walking out of there with a delicious can of 13.7% awesomness for less than $7. Can't get a pint of pilsner for that price in San Diego. They make me buy a lot of to go beer.

Anyway, I'm glad you're enjoying the beer. That Gatsby you had was pretty legit as well.

Back