FAIL Ale....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey. Are you calling me a noob that scared of taking a real hydro readings?!?! Because I completely and utterly...

Oh. Right. :D

So the spigot at the end of my primary bucket (pronounced "boo-kay" - it's French) would be where I'd draw samples from, but would that not induce contamination by opening/closing it?

LOL :D

I don't use bookays with spigots as primaries, so I can't answer...but if I did use one, I wouldn't drain samples from there, there would be a lot of trub mixed it...

This is what I use, and it works with both bookays and carboyze :D

turkeybastera.jpg

And

Test%20Jar.jpg

LOL :D

I don't use bookays with spigots as primaries, so I can't answer...but if I did use one, I wouldn't drain samples from there, there would be a lot of trub mixed it...

This is what I use, and it works with both bookays and carboyze :D
Yeah, but in order to insert Ellen Degeneres' husband into the fermenter, I have to remove the lid, which exposes my precious precious wort to all sorts of cooties, no? (or do I just get a really thin one - Irish size, if you will - to fit through the drilled airlock hole... aha!)

Yeah, but in order to insert Ellen Degeneres' husband into the fermenter, I have to remove the lid, which exposes my precious precious wort to all sorts of cooties, no? (or do I just get a really thin one - Irish size, if you will - to fit through the drilled airlock hole... aha!)

You do realize that many of us have inserted unsanitzed body parts and other things into our fermenters and it has STILL managed to turn out.

Have you read some of the tales here? https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/wh...where-your-beer-still-turned-out-great-96780/

and this thread https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/has-anyone-ever-messed-up-batch-96644/

Then you would realize that only chickenpoop newbies are afraid of that...anyone else realizes that beer has managed to turn out ok for at least 4,000 years even before we ever heard of germ theory???? ANd if it were that easy to be ruined then it would have gone the way of "new coke" and "pepsi clear" which is prolly before your time you young whipper snapper....:D

And that unless a bird shat into the fermenter while it was open in the 10 seconds it takes to open, draw a sample and close the lid (and even maybe if that happened) that magical co2 layer protects the beer from most everything. :D

You can do it...I have faith in you, young padawan!

:mug:

You do realize that many of us have inserted unsanitzed body parts and other things into our fermenters and it has STILL managed to turn out dontja?

Have you read some of the tales here? https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/wh...where-your-beer-still-turned-out-great-96780/

and this thread https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/has-anyone-ever-messed-up-batch-96644/

Then you would realize that only chickenpoop newbies are afraid of that...anyone else realizes that beer has managed to turn out ok for at least 4,000 years even before we ever heard of germ theory???? ANd if it were that easy to be ruined then it would have gone the way of "new coke" and "pepsi clear" which is prolly before your time you young whipper snapper....:D

And that unless a bird shat into the fermenter while it was open in the 10 seconds or less it takes to open, draw a sample and close the lid (and even maybe if that happened) that magical co2 layer protects the beer from most everything. :D

You can do it...I have faith in you, young padawan!

:mug:

Maybe it's the laughing gas, but the picture of the turkey baster that says "turkey baster" is hilarious to me. Is it redundantly redundant?

Back