T.O.M.B. Home Brewing Introduction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone, Steve from Two Old Men Brewing (T.O.M.B.) here. Me and my buddy Tom have been reading for years but we've never posted or engaged, however we've really appreciated what we learned while lurking!

We started brewing back in June of 2018 and had completed about 10 batches of beer before the end of the year. In 2019 we brewed 49 beers and the production has hardly tapered off since. Our lowest amount of batches in a year was in 2022 when we only brewed 29 beers. Currently we are brewing on an SsBrewtech 20gal 2v electronic system. We typically run 3-4 unitank fermenters ranging from 7gal to 1/2bbl.

What we like to brew is highly seasonal. We almost always have a couple IPA's going, but depending on the time of year we lean towards either Pale Lagers or Amber's and Stouts. At the moment we have a West Coast IPA, a Hazy IPA and a Red Ale in the fermenters, with a Belgian Triple and a Belgian Golden Strong waiting for a couple fermenters to clear out.

We are using Beersmith to write and save/track recipes. I've attached a fairly recent pic of our homebrew setup below.

Thanks for reading!
Steve

20230711_150557.jpg

Holy cow, you guys didn't hold back. I know you gotta have some sort of a killer tap set up.

Welcome to the madness we call a hobby. What are you doing with all that beer you guys are brewing? You must have a bunch of beer hounds to help you drink all of it. Nice brewery you have there. I too have a brew buddy who helps me brew and consume our beers but we are old so we only brew a couple of times per month. And now days we keep it down to five gallons batches and it's hard for us to drink them up in a timely manner.

Welcome to the madness we call a hobby. What are you doing with all that beer you guys are brewing? You must have a bunch of beer hounds to help you drink all of it. Nice brewery you have there. I too have a brew buddy who helps me brew and consume our beers but we are old so we only brew a couple of times per month. And now days we keep it down to five gallons batches and it's hard for us to drink them up in a timely manner.

We bought a caner a few years ago so it's easier to share the volume of beer we're brewing. I typically don't drink during the week, so it definitely helps to have buddies that are interested in a few free pints! In the last two or so years, we've also entered a few competitions which tends to burn through quite a bit of beer as well.

Holy cow, you guys didn't hold back. I know you gotta have some sort of a killer tap set

Just a couple Komos 3 tap kegerators!

Back