Dream Car! PICTURES!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
runner up: that idiot on storage wars that collects cars 1940 ford coe:

coe.jpg

Couple of mine. Prefer motorcycles for sure. Hard to bet a 12k motorcycle that will smoke almost any car.

I've got my old 2001 HD Deuce punched and stroked to 100" that will shame most anything out there in it's class with proper fuel. I never saw any car that could touch it even before I geared it up. Slowing down or stopping is another issue entirely. LOL.

Really love the body.
My neighbor took lessons when he got a Porsche. Don't know if it was just smart or necessary.
Anything that's manual jumps to the top of my list.
If I had to pick something, I guess it would be a Corvette ZR-1. OP said photo so I'll post a stock:
1639882429365.png

Maybe more of a fond memory than a dream. Was our family car for a while, beach caddalac they call them around here, but this one was never on beach, hence its condition.

A dream except for 8-9 MPG, that and the most complicated 4B carb I ever seen (w altitude compensation and such)( Kind equivalent to a Nachamich Dragon cassette deck, but I digress).
105_0575_2.JPG

I'll just drop this right here.
This the side of the Tesla that gas powered vehicle drivers will be seeing most of.
Plaid.png

What, when they got to push them 'cause they're out of power?

I agree there are probably some people who would not understand what this graphic on the cars display was telling them.
battery.JPG

I warmed up to the idea of resto-mods after realizing that OEM cars from 1969/70 are poorly engineered and constructed in the grand scheme. I mean, I had a 74 Barracuda as a teenager and everything about it was a loosy goosy jalopy. I really don't want to crash in something like that but damn it looked good.

cuda.jpg

I could go for Kevin Hart's Hellcat powered 1970...
1640061696215.png

As a responsible adult, I ended up settling for this with all the airbags and five seats for the whole family. I waffled back and forth on the Hellcat at the time and I realized that I would never drive it anywhere that required leaving it alone parked. What good is a car that would barely be driven?
20160527_193219.jpg

^^^Well, bracco, if serious about buying an old prius, look into battery replacement cost first.

I bought two cars on Ebay, both mercedes 123 body style 300Ds. One was infused with the smell of a chain smoker and some big bag of rotting dog kibble or something, left in back, maggot strike & all. The other had a very professional paint job over a well executed expandable foam stuffed rust repair. Problems solved on both cars, but it was not worth it, mostly time wise.

Caution advised.

^^^Well, bracco, if serious about buying an old prius, look into battery replacement cost first.

I bought two cars on Ebay, both mercedes 123 body style 300Ds. One was infused with the smell of a chain smoker and some big bag of rotting dog kibble or something, left in back, maggot strike & all. The other had a very professional paint job over a well executed expandable foam stuffed rust repair. Problems solved on both cars, but it was not worth it, mostly time wise.

Caution advised.

honestly, i didn't know it was electric....i just wanted to point out to the people apparently having a mid life crisis, about $6k is all i would be able to afford.....

astro-van-front-e1501310110131.jpg

best vehicle ever made. it seated 8 (thin) adults comfortable in two rows of bench seats that reversed or could be REMOVED ENTIRELY, turning it into a full sized cargo van.

shame on chevy for discontinuing the perfect utility vehicle.

Looking at those fine vehicles, new, fast, comfy, even possibly under warranty, figured I'd share one of my dream trucks, one that I own.

Not sure of the dream is a good or bad, but not the worst. Got these on auction about 10 years ago... traded one, still have the other.

Not the semi, ,,,them junkers on the back. M-1031 "contact maintenance trucks" Notice the bashed out windshield in one truck, both had bent driveshafts from being moved with big forklift.

IMG_0074.JPG
These were up for auction up at a base in northern Maine. Below is motor with governor for the generator.
IMG_1973.JPG

Powered by the "thrifty" 6.2 diesel which develops a horse power of specified 145 & 3,600 RPM, in the heavier duty J code motor. No worries though, with it's 4.65/1 gearing, well it can move from slow to medium pretty fast..

Detroit Locker differential in rear and a 14 bolt GM corporate, Dana 60 w posi in front...when your stuck, your really stuck...

IMG_1972.JPG

The engine power is sent though the ever reliable GM TH 400 transmission into the NP-205 transfer case.
IMG_1967.JPG

The PTO drives this 12.5 KW brushless Lima Mac Marathon alternator, on the right is front of a two stage air compressor.
IMG_1968.JPG

Alternator powers this board. Is configured for 3 phase, but is a 12 lead generator, so can be set to
make 120/240 residential split phase.

Anyway, hopefully this is amusing to someone. It is supposed to snow tonight, so am counting on not having run crew tomorrow. Probably this should be my last beer this evening, but it is so darn good...

Looking at those fine vehicles, new, fast, comfy, even possibly under warranty, figured I'd share one of my dream trucks, one that I own.

Not sure of the dream is a good or bad, but not the worst. Got these on auction about 10 years ago... traded one, still have the other.

Not the semi, ,,,them junkers on the back. M-1031 "contact maintenance trucks" Notice the bashed out windshield in one truck, both had bent driveshafts from being moved with big forklift.

View attachment 754766,
These were up for auction up at a base in northern Maine. Below is motor with governor for the generator. View attachment 754770

Powered by the "thrifty" 6.2 diesel which develops a horse power of specified 145 & 3,600 RPM, in the heavier duty J code motor. No worries though, with it's 4.65/1 gearing, well it can move from slow to medium pretty fast..

Detroit Locker differential in rear and a 14 bolt GM corporate, Dana 60 w posi in front...when your stuck, your really stuck...

View attachment 754771

The engine power is sent though the ever reliable GM TH 400 transmission into the NP-205 transfer case.View attachment 754772

The PTO drives this 12.5 KW brushless Lima Mac Marathon alternator, on the right is front of a two stage air compressor.View attachment 754773
Alternator powers this board. Is configured for 3 phase, but is a 12 lead generator, so can be set to
make 120/240 residential split phase.

Anyway, hopefully this is amusing to someone. It is supposed to snow tonight, so am counting on not having run crew tomorrow. Probably this should be my last beer this evening, but it is so darn good...

well if you're ever in a hurry at least you don't need to worry about the cops seeing you! :mug:

What does one do on your island with one of those?

It's a rolling shop/tool box, with shelving & compartments behind most of the doors. Also has a big vice on tailgate & brackets for gas welding tanks, capability to power most electric welders, produce compressed air at 175 PSI.

Is also an investment, as intact examples are getting rare. This one has less than 12K miles on it at 37 years old. Also it was involved in a bit of history, albeit perhaps a somewhat dubious one.
IMG_1177.JPG

Once upon a time this was my car. Saab 900 spg, it had about 400k miles on it when I sold it back to its 2nd owner and he still has the car. I bought it from him when he had some life things going on, owned it for a few years and back to him. Now I have a project 1986 saab 900 spg in the garage to eventually take its place, as I've wanted another one since the second I sold it.
20170527_130713.jpg

I agree there are probably some people who would not understand what this graphic on the cars display was telling them.
View attachment 752870
I'll never forget the first time I experienced "Ludicrous Mode", accelerating onto the I-405 at Santa Ana John Wayne airport. The nearest thing I ever felt like that before was catapult launches off an aircraft carrier. Zero to 140 KIAS in 250 feet is faster, but afterburners help.

Latest posts

Back