Dream Car! PICTURES!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These have always been a guilty pleasure for me!

10thtop.jpg

Just can't seem to shake the R8...
audi-r8-red-black-rims-wallpaper-dwntsffo.jpg

I am totally on board with the R8 its an amazing car.

Funny story last year I was driving to the Humboldt Home Brewers festival, I was driving behind an R8 I was in my 528I and I was pushing him like CRAZY not really to be pushing but to just look at it more than anything. If any of you know that road it is nothing but curves baby! A blast to drive (IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE SWMBO IN THE CAR) So I guess he had enough of me riding his ass because he took off like a rocket! I was still on him but dropped back a bit because of the speeds. At one point we were flying into 30 MPH corners at 60-70-80 I was at full drift and he was tight almost like he just toying with me. We passed 5-6 cars reached 110-120 MPH and just getting it on. We came up and passed a WRX STI and he jumped in behind us. We were FLYING! This R8 was on fire from where I was sitting but also almost seemed to be board with the cat n mouse. He jumped on it and really pushed I started to fall back farther and farther and within about 1 min I couldn't see the R8 anywhere. I am not sure if the STI just fell off but I did everything I could to catch the R8 and the STI was nowhere! I was exhausted by the time I realized I wasn't catching himr and fell off myself. MY GOD that was a flipping blast.

Cheers
Jay

I am totally on board with the R8 its an amazing car.

Funny story last year I was driving to the Humboldt Home Brewers festival, I was driving behind an R8 I was in my 528I and I was pushing him like CRAZY not really to be pushing but to just look at it more than anything. If any of you know that road it is nothing but curves baby! A blast to drive (IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE SWMBO IN THE CAR) So I guess he had enough of me riding his ass because he took off like a rocket! I was still on him but dropped back a bit because of the speeds. At one point we were flying into 30 MPH corners at 60-70-80 I was at full drift and he was tight almost like he just toying with me. We passed 5-6 cars reached 110-120 MPH and just getting it on. We came up and passed a WRX STI and he jumped in behind us. We were FLYING! This R8 was on fire from where I was sitting but also almost seemed to be board with the cat n mouse. He jumped on it and really pushed I started to fall back farther and farther and within about 1 min I couldn't see the R8 anywhere. I am not sure if the STI just fell off but I did everything I could to catch the R8 and the STI was nowhere! I was exhausted by the time I realized I wasn't catching himr and fell off myself. MY GOD that was a flipping blast.

Cheers
Jay

Yeah R8' s are sick.... Just stupid expensive to own between the brakes and oil consumption (that's all Audi' s though ... at least the oil consumption part

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=XuZYRxcTg8M

Several we've had over the past 15 years. The PT Cruiser was a real "dream car" for me - said if they ever had it at 0%/60 months - I'd buy one! They did, and I did.

Right now I'm coveting a UTV. Not sure which one yet though.

vette side view.jpg

elkside.jpg

stealth1.jpg

Bonnie PT cruiser.jpg

^

My friends RZR was nuts.... I should of bought it. That thing went up and through so much **** that looked impossible it isn't even funny. Put a front and back winch + led light bar and your golden.

2015-BMW-M5-30th-Anniversary-Edition.jpg

There are many cars on my list, but this one was just announced today. The E39 M5 is still my favorite looking however.

1984_Ferrari_308_GTB_qv.jpg

Somewhat attainable when I have time to work on it.

mclaren-f1-1.jpg

Always remains high on my list

Well my new first one is now the same as headbangers. That thing is ridiculous. :rockin:

Ive had the pleasure of driving James Marsden's Bently with a v12 and mink floor mats, but not sure id ever want one.

Here are some others. I would change the wheels on the camaro, but damn! IF you havent, look up the lamborghini reventon, its insane. And honestly, who doesnt like the H1's? I watched the gray one on Ebay for awhile. IT was a little out of my price range ;)

blue1.jpg

2008-Lamborghini-Reventon-15.jpg

Hummer-H1-Slantback-front-three-quarter.jpg

I'm not a big car guy, but those Corvettes that look like Corvettes are nice.

Car: AMC Eagle Wagon AWD

p01hh217.jpg

Truck: Dodge Lil Red Express Truck

Decal_side.JPG

Motorcycle: Victory Boardwalk

boardwalk-p2.jpg

That power wagon is sick! Im added that and the nissan Gt R to my ever growing list. SWMBO's parents own car dealerships and they have a white Gt R that's been in their showroom for almost a year. If only I had $100,000 to drop on it :D

Love that Powerwagon!

There are WAY too many cool cars to pick just one. That said, I have had a HardOn™ for Mustangs since time before memory. As a youngster I sometimes would draw the very early 65-66 mustang. I had no reason to know why I liked them, but I did. I just thought they looked awesome.

A few years back I spent the money to buy an old Mustang. It is a 1969 Hardtop (The "fastbacks" are actually called Sportroofs) and it was a plain jane I250 with a 3-speed and more rust than I knew.

It's currently sitting on blocks in the garage. At least, what's not stashed upstairs in the garage! It's ONLY sheetmetal at this time, with the windshield and back window. The engine compartment has been patched and welded, and I'm currently starting back to work on her this spring. Still have floorpans to weld in and then back to the trunk, quarters, and wheelw wells.

The plan is a resto-mod in gun metal silver with standard hood scoop, chin spoiler, rear spoiler, and Shelby convertible side scoops (To replace the awful stock side scoops on that year.

Here is my car at the place I bought her, and also something similar to what I envision, except I am undecided on the wheels and the rear spoiler. And I really don't want a black car that I have to wash CONSTANTLY.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I bought a used 351W to replace the worn out, smoking I6, and when I mic'ed it up it was still in factory tolerance. Paid $150 for the engine and tranny and since the trannys was a truck tranny, I sold it for $75. So I got the motor for $75.

MyStang1.jpg

ord1969MustangHardtop_Set01_13-vi.jpg

So here are a couple more I am adding to my list. I was down visiting a friend in Florida a few weeks back and he has a Ferrari dealership near his house. On one of my many trips past the dealership I spotted a beautiful 438 Spider and fell in love!

Ferrari 438 Spider
Ferrari-Ferrari-458-Italia-Spider_51060_zps74558d88.jpg

And when I was looking the 438 up I came across this Ferarri hybrid called LaFerrari
2014-ferrari-laferrari-photo-504428-s-1280x782_zps7ca8429a.jpg

Since I was about 7 or 8 I've wanted an El Camino, primarily '71, still hunting for the right one at a price I could afford
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399653503.106800.jpg

Or a '48 Willys JEEP, had one a few years back that I was restoring.
But had to sell when SWMBO got preggers
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399653636.910593.jpg

I was gonna post a pick of a Veyron, but it's already here.

We were in Miami on a business trip down near Biscayne Bay. Right behind one in the left turn lane. We were in a Chrysler Pacifica 4.0, lol. I told our friend to punch it and see how it went. That Veyron was a spec on the horizon in no time at all. Was really cool to see a $1.7 Million dollar car punch it.

2 more of mine
Not the most desirable of the Porsches but I've always liked the 914
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399691976.334526.jpg

And I thought this was the chit back in the day. The Blazer Chalet
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399692047.209272.jpg

Sent from my van, down by the river.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399692995.308331.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1399693012.062991.jpg

How about Koenigsegg CCX and the Saleen S7 though old still rings my bell.

Almost Famous Brewing Company

Already have my dream car for over 10 years... Although a Stage 2 engine will be the next thing I change. (Insert evil laugh). A T/A performance aluminum V6 will suffice also. Now you can understand the username.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=198499&stc=1&d=1399693907

The view that most people see:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=198500&stc=1&d=1399693969

You know I have an Early CJ5 that engine would fit right into perfectly like JEEP meant it to be there.

Nice to see so many gear heads here! You guys have great automotive taste. Here's what I'd love to build. To bad California has some retarded emissions laws.
flyin-miata-sm.jpg

Yep, cram an LS3 into an NB Miata! Talk about a sleeper.

Nice to see so many gear heads here! You guys have great automotive taste. Here's what I'd love to build. To bad California has some retarded emissions laws.
flyin-miata-sm.jpg

Yep, cram an LS3 into an NB Miata! Talk about a sleeper.

Dude! You stuff a LS3 into a Miata and I would PAY BIG $$$$ to drive that bad boy! HOLY CRAP! I dropped a 460hp supercharged Buick V6 into a 1978 MGB when I lived in Athens Ga and I have to tell you it was the freeken ride of your life! I could spin the tires off in just about any gear at any time.

Man I wish I had picts of that! It was long before the digital age!

Cheers
Jay

Not exactly my dream car,but she's mine & won best in class at Midwest Mazdafest in '10;

We're going to look at a red Mustang GT for my son in a little while. We'll see how that works out...:rockin:

Dude! You stuff a LS3 into a Miata and I would PAY BIG $$$$ to drive that bad boy! HOLY CRAP! I dropped a 460hp supercharged Buick V6 into a 1978 MGB when I lived in Athens Ga and I have to tell you it was the freeken ride of your life! I could spin the tires off in just about any gear at any time.

Cheers
Jay

One of these days I'll replace my old MR2 (my attainable one I once had but had to get rid of) and drop a V6 in the back of that.

Cheers
Jay

I'd love to see pics of that MGB! There are a few LSx Miiata's in CA, but you're more likely to see a 5.0 around these parts. Check out http://www.flyinmiata.com/ if you want to see some LSx builds.

Already have my dream car for over 10 years... Although a Stage 2 engine will be the next thing I change. (Insert evil laugh). A T/A performance aluminum V6 will suffice also. Now you can understand the username.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=198499&stc=1&d=1399693907

The view that most people see:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=198500&stc=1&d=1399693969

My coworker has one of those. '85 or '86, I believe. He talks about it constantly, and since he gives me crap about talking about beer, I give him **** about his Monte Carlo. He gets mad and I laugh :cross:

My coworker has one of those. '85 or '86, I believe. He talks about it constantly, and since he gives me crap about talking about beer, I give him **** about his Monte Carlo. He gets mad and I laugh :cross:

Yeah I've heard that one. They look nothing alike but some people don't know the difference when they just see a black car. :(

As long as I'm dreaming..
Not a Ford guy at all but I've always thought this was the baddest Ford of all. GT-40
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399768873.702466.jpg

And just because I loved building this as a model..
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399768946.901180.jpg

Sent from my van, down by the river.

Back