Don't Drink Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Why do you deny that Chrono Trigger is obviously the best game of any kind ever created?

2. When you coming up to SF? The public wants to know?

3. What's it like to be the world's most famous walrus drawing?

Chrono trigger is amazing but several aspects are overwrought, the multiple endings are kinda a sham. It is variations on a theme, aside from the combo attacks the combat system is pretty basic no crazy final quests besides that one ******* who is impossible. Great game just not genre revolutionizing beyond aesthetic. Which is enough for 1v1willwreku

I was in SF in October. I keep a low profile. Beer nerds shout beeeeinnnneyyysss and ask me to do the voice and ****. FW fest was the worst.

I think I lost my pencil sketch of the walrus. It was promised to @thoreaulikeagirl for if we ever had a trade but its somewhere in my office I think.

Chrono trigger is amazing but several aspects are overwrought, the multiple endings are kinda a sham. It is variations on a theme, aside from the combo attacks the combat system is pretty basic no crazy final quests besides that one ******* who is impossible. Great game just not genre revolutionizing beyond aesthetic. Which is enough for 1v1willwreku

I was in SF in October. I keep a low profile. Beer nerds shout beeeeinnnneyyysss and ask me to do the voice and ****. FW fest was the worst.

I think I lost my pencil sketch of the walrus. It was promised to @thoreaulikeagirl for if we ever had a trade but its somewhere in my office I think.
Give me a shout next time you're up here. I promise not to bring up goozies, binny's, or IKEA coolships.

Totally fair assessment of Chrono Trigger (especially the multiple endings), although the dark ages-related levels, and the ability to change the past and see its effect in the future still make it my favorite thing ever.

Somebody screen-capped it, but I'm not sure who -- it was re-posted in the old thread-shitting ops thread before it got shut down over here. Someone has it.

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone has the blacked-out rant post that brought your permanent banning. I read it, but have no idea what it was about. I believe it was something to do with Midwest trade value, unsurprisingly.
I had a cap but I think it was on my old iPhone. ISO

The blackout rant was something pretty sophomoric demanding dbd for cherry rye. It was apparently those 3am antics that broke the f2brewers back. Again every negative action on ba has ended up being ultimately beneficial, like having an alcoholic stepdad that gives you the anger to train to be the best strong safety in the world.

That kinda ****

When do you plan on going? Rumor is it is going to be an all night wait in line Midwest cluster****. I plan on going in the evening and skip bottles if that is the case. Do you want to swap fluids again?
I don't know my plans. I kinda like the line in a Masochisic way, step in my cubes, make me earn that backyard rye I am trading for, who's been a bad ticker mmm ya.

But yeah we should def swap fluids

Why is Chicago your personal bogeyman for everything in the beer world? Is it 100% jegross2's fault?

If you come out I promise I'll let you sample from the bottles I Ragnar'd from your countrymen with my Bramble reserves.
I give Florida their fair share as well.

Chicago represents all of the absurdity of beer trading, stockpiling, hypocrisy, and double standards and thereby the 312 lends Itself as a straw man simply by way of contrast. I really don't give a **** either way, I like revolution beers a lot and trade for them. I don't like fruited stout variants and ostracize the hype surrounding them as my palate sees fit.

Chicago is anomalous in that it is a huge metro area that has relatively few brewery only releases so their off shelf offerings become de facto whales, notwithstanding price, avaialabity or limits. 320 bottle cahutlow? Your 340 bottle CFHx2 sounds about right. This is well tread ground. The excesses of CA bottle pricing met with the rapacious demand of that metro area create hilarious results.

Plus the sheer drama and spectacle during releases, the competitive nature, long term cellaring of beers clearly not meant for that treatment, readily available caricatures, misinformation, wild speculation and devaluation of other beer releases on other coasts, and a general lack of transparency dont even get me mad. The rhetoric is as thick and delicious as Alfredo fett so I just spin my fork in it.

The ca scene is a universal punching bag in the opposite direction. People freely consent to trade away world class, vastly more limited bottles that cost upwards of 2x$4$ and that is their prerogative. No one dies as a result. **** gets done and its doesn't matter if someone offers up VSB for CCK, California traders just bite deep on the pillow and accept their fate.

I can't bother the PNw at all. Their breweries are top notch and I have never had problems, excepting the horrible AftW nightmare of 2011, because their traders are staggeringly generous. Bbomb and KDs are better than most midwes offerings, they see limited distro and PNw traders just ship them away sight unseen.

HT traders use those cans as a universal Currency and enjoy that dogecoin that I can't really argue with. The rest of the northeast is afflicted with small bottle runs so I don't really conflict because in all my trades they seem genuinely generous with things that have low bottle runs. It's when dipshits drive up to HF from Like, Pennsylvania, that the transplant **** kicks in.

My take on Florida is not skewed by loweballz. There are some genuinely desired releases and some traders seem to acquire quite a bit. It's a hybrid of the Pennsylvania HF poachers coupled with the 312 rapacity. But the normal people are awesome so it evens out.

Tl;dr the extreme Chicago examples his personify the worst in trading and are thereby easier to satirize. Low hanging fruit at the expense of a huge metro area.

Easily my favorite of your work.

subbydoo_zps298ecebd.png

yourewelcome.gif

Worth risking a c&d letter from BA to repost this on my site

Assuming their ToS is a valid non-adhesion contract. . .

It doesn't say anything about content you provide that they delete does it?

My criminal realm of knowledge is wondering if this is akin to abandoned property, i.e. once the dude throws something in the trash, he no longer has a possessory and/or privacy interest in it?

Fair use/parody. . . go for it. ****, doctrine of unclean hands should provide an equitable defense against anything Tahd ever claims.

I've been wondering this for a really long time now and I must finally ask...are you by any chance iratevgnerd?

When I first saw your beer videos I thought the voice/style was very similar. And plus the video game references etc...Bit of a longshot I know.

Now that I'm looking at it, I believe I was the one that capped that. Huh.

Dats my cap - and I only know this because I was happy to have liked it first and was going to show the land use+zoning fiance/attorney but decided explaining 4 layers of inside jokes was 2 layers too far.

Dats my cap - and I only know this because I was happy to have liked it first and was going to show the land use+zoning fiance/attorney but decided explaining 4 layers of inside jokes was 2 layers too far.
Hmm..... intradasting cuz I'm staring at the original on my desktop right now

Latest posts

Back