Don't Drink Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as we are going favorite FF rankings
FFVI (I've played in on every format it came on AND have it on my phone)
FFVII (very close to being my favorite all time game but I've replayed FFVI a lot more)
FFIV
FF (First game I ever saved up to buy)
FF Adventures
FF Legends II
FFV
FF Legends
FFIX
bro you forgot X-II

thats your favorite because you play with dolls too

bro you forgot X-II

HanSolo.gif

would you live off of groupons for a full year?
no.

I don't want some binding Blanche DuBois agreement with a company for future services. Can't get vintage tomes with Groupons, can't stunt in sick whips, can only get discount massages and go on weak ass rented helicopter rides and ****.

0/10 Groupon is Billy Blanks Tae Bo tier. would wreck.

As long as we are going favorite FF rankings
FFVI (I've played in on every format it came on AND have it on my phone)
FFVII (very close to being my favorite all time game but I've replayed FFVI a lot more)
FFIV
FF (First game I ever saved up to buy)
FF Adventures
FF Legends II
FFV
FF Legends
FFIX
No love for FFX?

What's your thoughts on games with obvious JRPG influence but not true RPG's? I'm thinking along the lines of Kingdom Hearts. Also, thoughts on other Square Enix games not named FF(Parasite Eve is the first that comes to mind)

no.

I don't want some binding Blanche DuBois agreement with a company for future services. Can't get vintage tomes with Groupons, can't stunt in sick whips, can only get discount massages and go on weak ass rented helicopter rides and ****.

0/10 Groupon is Billy Blanks Tae Bo tier. would wreck.

G5UNgLr.gif

What's your thoughts on games with obvious JRPG influence but not true RPG's? I'm thinking along the lines of Kingdom Hearts. Also, thoughts on other Square Enix games not named FF(Parasite Eve is the first that comes to mind)

I am a fan of action adventure RPGs, even some tactical RPGs are okay, where I draw the line are the life simulator style **** like Animal Crossing/Persona, i already have enough problems in my life without virtual livestock bitching at me.

I played Vandals Hearts, Vagrant Story, Xenogears, Wild Arms I and II (those are kinda straight Jrpg tho) Granstream Saga, all that other corollary **** like Legend of Dragoon and it all hits the spot, just at different parts of my backwall.

Honorable Square crossover mention that blows my mind I forgot to mention, one of the best games of all time:

Super-Mario-RPG-Legend-of-the-Seven-Stars-2.jpeg

my first playthrough i missed a lot of ****, like who would go snowboarding again to go retrieve Alexander materia? how would you know that is even there? who would dig for that ****ing long at the archaeology site?

the chocobo racing seemed dumb as **** upon first blush and it still does, only the most J of JRPG fans wild out on that and I skipped it. Without KotR and mastered Phoenix for the auto-life, Emerald and Ruby are impossible, flat out, even then they are really tough. The breeding process is so counterintuitive that i dont see the casual person doing all that ****, then going to an unmarked island in the middle of nowhere, getting KotR and beating both weapons organically. i mean, i did that later, but, i also spent like 30 hours mixing things together in the cooking game in the first star ocean, scribbling in a notebook.

I...didn't touch many vajeens...

I once had Cloud at 7778 hit points, so I would enter a battle, turn someone on my team into a frog, have them attack Cloud so he got all lucky 7's. I used this against Emerald Weapon and I still lost. Impossible.

I once had Cloud at 7778 hit points, so I would enter a battle, turn someone on my team into a frog, have them attack Cloud so he got all lucky 7's. I used this against Emerald Weapon and I still lost. Impossible.
the only way to beat emerald weapon within the 20 min (?) time limit is to have that mastered phoenix to auto-life you, then spam KotR and sit through each 55 second cut scene while those clowns hit him 12 times.

the problem with using KotR is they will hit him with a ton of damage, which i read will make him use that Are Tame whatever attack that is an instakill, so you have to have tifa set to auto revive.

Is to go to college. Bang a lot of broads. Get your degree and get a very high paying job in a totally non mundane profession.
Isn't that what everyone who beats emerald weapon does?

I can't imagine a dude getting the final materia who is not already knee deep in the vaj

<---- guy loves FFVII

anyways the weapons can be quite difficult... but over the course of time (ok lots and lots of time), i was able to max out every statistic with Cloud. With this... you can beat the Ruby weapon in about 6 minutes. i simply walk into battle with 2 of my other characters already dead...and have Omnislash ready to go (have Counter-Mime set up on all possible junctions)

.... wait for the Ruby weapon to throw his dumb as claws into the ground then unleash Omnislash . keep hitting Mime to repeat Omnislash... and if Cloud somehow gets hit... he counters with 4-6 more Omnislashes

lethal

dontdrinkbeer, where did your son place at nationals in Color Guard?
I repress all memories of my son's extra-curricular activities, let's just say he placed higher than he did in his couple figure skating routine and his sequin unitard was costly.

maxresdefault.jpg

Omnipresent Supergalatic Oneness?..........possible?

I am unsure after tasting the absolute worst beer ever made, I question the validity of any universals outside the scope of this as being the absolute worst (followed sharply by pdurrrr then MarkIntihar )

http://dontdrinkbeer.com/2014/02/09...e-worst-thing-i-have-ever-put-inside-my-body/

dontdrinkbeer, do you ever use a tablet for a while then start using your laptop and can't quit poking at the screen with your finger?
takes quite a few barleywines, but I can get myself to that level, gripping a TI-89, confused as to how to bring up Brazzers on it.

where do you find so much free time? between the beers, the blogs, the video games, the aliases...do you have a free time tree growing in your yard or something?
i am a product of excesses in every way, positive and negative. I sleep very little and then sleep way too much.

The Aristotelian Golden Mean prescribes balance and moderation in all things, but this is also true of moderation. Therefore, I take moderation in moderation, albeit excessively. I am not exceptional at any one thing and dabble in enough puddles to seem erudite in a variety of subjects but lacking any real depth in any discipline.

Just enough to get the tip wet.

i am a product of excesses in every way, positive and negative. I sleep very little and then sleep way too much.

The Aristotelian Golden Mean prescribes balance and moderation in all things, but this is also true of moderation. Therefore, I take moderation in moderation, albeit excessively. I am not exceptional at any one thing and dabble in enough puddles to seem erudite in a variety of subjects but lacking any real depth in any discipline.

Just enough to get the tip wet.

wow, really well stated and i subscribe to that...excess in every way except moderation...take moderation in moderation.

so srs...do you use different browsers or do you just sign in and out all day long. same passwords? ever mix up who you are and accidentally post as the wrong person?

what's the drunkest you've ever been?
This doesn't even involve craft beer.

12/31/10, the night before California banned caffeine 4loko, I brought a fully horizontal to this civilized party, all 8 flavors and Holiday Camo. No one would touch it and just took photos and laughed at it. I explained that come tomorrow, this would be contraband. I opened every flavor and slowly people started getting wet. Even the DD's wanted a lil hit, i dont know if it can be described as the drunkest I have ever been, but it was the most completely out of control I have been to date. I had probably 3-4 cans overall. Usually a blackout is forayed into forgotten Taco Bell and a headache. This parlayed into completely auto-activity. I came to, still awake, at 8am, feeling completely dry insdie, still drunk having not slept.

I "woke up" playing Xbox, my characters power leveled in Fallout 3, but it was more a Pinnochio transubstantiation, like gaining sentience from being complete automata. I had beaten large sections of the story mode with no knowledge of what had happened. It made the rest of the game less satisfying, and I feel that is the real caution to this tale.

wow, really well stated and i subscribe to that...excess in every way except moderation...take moderation in moderation.

so srs...do you use different browsers or do you just sign in and out all day long. same passwords? ever mix up who you are and accidentally post as the wrong person?

Heresay and conjecture. The evidence is completely circumstantial. We would be happy to try this case when you have done your homework.

When are the Don't Drink Beer shirts going to be available? Maybe these should be a collaboration project with Talkbeer. I like the "no one gives a **** what breweries you have visited" idea for the back. I think "Disrespect Beer" would also be good for a shirt.
So long as it looks like the one from Brew Brahs are whatever with the beer babe of the month feature, I'm in.

Latest posts

Back