Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Said goodbye to this old fella today. Foster was 12. Cancer. Cancer sucks.

Sorry about the loss of your friend. Going on nearly 2 years since we lost ours to cancer. Lost her grandpa (wife’s stepdad) to cancer last Christmas. Cancer does suck.

Sorry about the loss of your friend. Going on nearly 2 years since we lost ours to cancer. Lost her grandpa (wife’s stepdad) to cancer last Christmas. Cancer does suck.
My wife is a cancer survivor. I hate cancer. Cancer should get cancer and die.

My wife is a cancer survivor. I hate cancer. Cancer should get cancer and die.

Glad to hear she beat it. My mother is a survivor and my mother in law passed 6 years back after it came back twelve years into remission. Can’t help to think it’s probly gonna be in the cards for most of us.

73264424_10157906341565962_5760268506553647104_o.jpg

My condolences as well, @grampamark. I've lost five canine companions over my life and the gut punch in saying goodbye is crushing.
I'm still not over the last loss - and that was almost five years ago...
A toast to lost pups! :mug:
:mug:
I lost two old-timers last year - 3 weeks apart. Both died peacefully at home. Sucks. Was thankful did not have to put them down. Don't know if I could have done it.

Everyone, meet Julio. Just picked him up today from the shelter. We may have our hands full. View attachment 657067

He looks like he will be an awesome family dog!! Congrats and thank you for rescuing him!
We have a rescue mutt too. She’s awesome but is sometimes a PIA but we love her and she loves us. She’s the biggest cuddler of the three we have.

We’re gonna need tougher toys for him. Found out he doesn’t really bark and is great on the leash. We figure he might get a little bigger but hopefully not too much. He’s got me smitten already just need to get him to be more gentle with the boys (6 and 5).

Sad to say but Julio was not the dog for our family. Separation anxiety led to him crapping in his crate and getting it all over himself on multiple occasions. Unfortunately we don’t have the flexibility with our jobs to properly retrain him and it’s not fair to him or us.
We are in the process of finding him a new home. It sucks b/c he was a sweet dog but that first year must have been really rough. Certain behavioral traits also led us to believe that he was abused at some point. Only had him for a few weeks but gonna miss him.
IMG_2788.JPG

Sad to say but Julio was not the dog for our family. Separation anxiety led to him crapping in his crate and getting it all over himself on multiple occasions. Unfortunately we don’t have the flexibility with our jobs to properly retrain him and it’s not fair to him or us.
We are in the process of finding him a new home. It sucks b/c he was a sweet dog but that first year must have been really rough. Certain behavioral traits also led us to believe that he was abused at some point. Only had him for a few weeks but gonna miss him. View attachment 660274

Good luck bud finding him a new home. I can’t imagine what that’s like.
Our rescue is a great family dog but is a battle to take out anywhere. We have had her to obedience classes and she listens well, but her anxiety when we are out is at 1,000%! We just started her on anti-anxiety meds and will continue working with her.

Back