Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My little princess checking in on the brewday after a long walk [emoji846].
20200308_125329.jpeg

IMG_9219.JPG

Our three mutts.
Bella - will be 13 years old next week and she’s a Schnauzer & Yorkie mix.
Charlotte - Rescue mutt 3.5 years old. We believe she’s a ridgeback / Pitt mix.
Clara - 10 month old golden doodle.
They love that we are all home now and go for long walks and hikes almost everyday now.

Bad day. My golden/chow of 14 years passed. Got to be there when it happened, and it was natural and peaceful, can't ask for more than that, but going to miss him.

Bad day. My golden/chow of 14 years passed. Got to be there when it happened, and it was natural and peaceful, can't ask for more than that, but going to miss him.
I am so sorry. It is never easy to lose a beloved pet as they are truly family, sometimes more. My heart goes out to you and your family. What was his name so that we can raise our glass to him later today.

We love them while they are here and cry like babies when we lose them.

View attachment 672266
Our three mutts.
Bella - will be 13 years old next week and she’s a Schnauzer & Yorkie mix.
Charlotte - Rescue mutt 3.5 years old. We believe she’s a ridgeback / Pitt mix.
Clara - 10 month old golden doodle.
They love that we are all home now and go for long walks and hikes almost everyday now.

Charlotte looks just like my Champ who is indeed a Ridgeback pit mix although he's 13 now but he's still my best friend
dogsnail.jpg

Champ on the left he's the alpha (Ridgeback pit mix)
Blue in the middle he's 150lbs of awesome love and affection (Cane Corso mix)
Zeus on the right he's an odd one but still my special little guy he's always glued to my side (Doberman mix)

All 3 rescues

One of my boys is now the proud owner of a new dog.

He lives down in Georgia and on his way back from Ft. Gordon a hungry stray followed him right to the door. The kid does community service at local shelter so the dog immediately went for a ride to get checked out. The shelter didn't have space for the dog and told my boy they might euthanize. When he heard that he said "no way, he's mine, no question."
I was secretly proud. He has a small place and a tight schedule as an Army 2LT but where we come from you don't leave anyone behind, animals or people. Too many others do, and in this case, this dog lucked out bigtime.
The pup had no ID tags, collar, or chip. He's a pitbull terrier mix less than a year old and after getting checkup and neutering he has a new home. Perfect find. Not a frantic barker, no prey drive and isn't aggressive. A wuss actually, but hey, that's OK - especially for me, as I'm half cat at heart.

Meet Kimchee. Got his name from the stinky cabbage pet from a kid's cartoon called "Chowder."

kim1.jpg
kim2.jpg

15885320159228170217765216443142.jpg

Admiral. 5 year old Mountain Cur. Just rescued from the animal shelter last week. Very energetic dog, and needs to walk at least a mile or two every day. I take him down to the Santa Cruz river every day and turn him loose. It's the only place around here with woods. He will wear your as* out!

Back