Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Howdy is done with his meds and eating his regular kibble like a beagle should. Turns out one of the meds was nasty bitter to him, so took that out of his food, which he scarfed & forced the pill on him after

He's back to his happy Howdy self

Thanks for the advice
20190616_142253.jpeg

2018-09-26 10.17.59.jpg

This is Lindsie. Unfortunately we lost her recently at 12 years old. She is such a sweet and loving soul. Miss her so much.
Under the table you can see one of our other family members, Natalie. She is a Cairn Trirer- Chihuahua mix. She is a rescue we got from Texas through a dog rescue named Tracy's dogs. Fantastic organization that rescues dogs from high kill shelters in southern Texas.

View attachment 634218
My wife wrote this nice message earlier b/c we had to make the hard decision today. I couldn’t have said it better than she did.
To Nyla, we will always love you and will miss you, but you will never be forgotten.
Beautiful! 16yrs is wonderful long life. Best wishes my friend. Our hearts go out to your family.

View attachment 634218
My wife wrote this nice message earlier b/c we had to make the hard decision today. I couldn’t have said it better than she did.
To Nyla, we will always love you and will miss you, but you will never be forgotten.

So sorry for you loss. Your wife’s message was beautifully put and really thank you for sharing it.

IMG_6181.JPG

My wife contacted the breeder about this puppy and put down a deposit for her. I guess we are picking her up on Saturday after driving 8 hours home from vacation.
She’s a golden doodle and my wife has always wanted a breed that makes a good therapy dog since she’s an OT. Apparently the black golden doodles not many people want but I have to say, I think she’s a cutie!
I’ll post more pics when we return and have her with our other two dogs. Hopefully she will enjoy playing with our three year old rescued mutt when she gets bigger. Our 12 year old dog just likes to bark at her when she wants to play.

View attachment 636629
My wife contacted the breeder about this puppy and put down a deposit for her. I guess we are picking her up on Saturday after driving 8 hours home from vacation.
She’s a golden doodle and my wife has always wanted a breed that makes a good therapy dog since she’s an OT. Apparently the black golden doodles not many people want but I have to say, I think she’s a cutie!
I’ll post more pics when we return and have her with our other two dogs. Hopefully she will enjoy playing with our three year old rescued mutt when she gets bigger. Our 12 year old dog just likes to bark at her when she wants to play.
Adorable! Who wouldn't want her??

He’s a sharp looking pup! What breed or mix is he? I assume a Golden Doodle but we all know what that means. Haha

Yeah, he’s an English golden doodle (poodle and English golden retriever). That’s really all I know about the parents! He’s now 5 months old and he’s expected to be ~60 pounds.

What about when your customer gets a new "rescue dog", it gos at you and they apologize and say "He's only two, and was in Catrina, or (believe it or not' )Kuwait". or some BS.

This week I had an indecent like that, but it was client's neighbor's big bucks rental tenant for the month. House is a hundred yards down the road from my customer, heard the owner calling as this dog was going at me. Had a pitch fork to move some fallen brush, good thing. The owner finally waddled over to get her dog. I had told it"go home" a few times in a curt but non threatening manner.

She seemed to have no problem with the fact her dog was threatening someone working on adjacent property until she saw I'd probably hurt her dog if he jumped me.

Sorry for the rave, and I like good dogs and even have helped caring for working farm dogs, but some of you dog folks is outr of hand.

And when something happens, I blame the "owners", not he dogs.

Last edited:
I said good bye to my black lab Carllie last week. She is now spending time with her yellow sister Callie.(first pic) I hope they found each other. That's two dogs I have lost in the last 18 months. Both lived to almost 15 years. Tough time right now. Lucky I have two young ones to make me smile. But I still miss them terribly.
IMG_0092.JPG
IMG_2262.JPG

I said good bye to my black lab Carllie last week. She is now spending time with her yellow sister Callie.(first pic) I hope they found each other. That's two dogs I have lost in the last 18 months. Both lived to almost 15 years. Tough time right now. Lucky I have two young ones to make me smile. But I still miss them terribly. View attachment 638622View attachment 638623

I’m so sorry to hear about your losses. It’s never easy. We had to make the hard decision for our 16.5 year old dog last month, so I feel ya. We don’t move on but rather we move forward. The next beer I have is to Carllie.

I said good bye to my black lab Carllie last week. She is now spending time with her yellow sister Callie.(first pic) I hope they found each other. That's two dogs I have lost in the last 18 months. Both lived to almost 15 years. Tough time right now. Lucky I have two young ones to make me smile. But I still miss them terribly. View attachment 638622View attachment 638623

Thanks everyone. It's nice to know people care.

Back