Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks pshankstar. We fortunately found him a home with some folks who will be able to give him the time and attention he needs to be happy. Was not a decision made lightly but right for us and him.

Did however find a urine spot on the basement carpet. The little bastard left his mark in more ways than one.

I get what you’re saying. But at the same time, plenty of dogs do well with it and there are certainly worse situations for them to be in. Ideally they are only crated til they can be trusted alone in the home.

This sink is awesome for muddy feet. Wish I had one in my "brewery."

IMG_0080.jpeg

C57AACEE-A339-4B59-9F0E-60CA39E28229.jpeg

Tela. A lunk of a dog. Our chocolate Labrador Leaver.

I think I have a post in here with her and our 2 beagles. Sadly the beagles have passed. The male beagle was 15 when he went and the female was 16. The female raised the lab since puppiehood and was like a surrogate mother. Tela took her passing very hard.

We decided to get another dog, but could not commit to a full fledged puppy at this time in our life, so we opted to get a rescue from the shelter.

We found a lab pit mix that had been in the shelter for around 5 weeks. She had been living on the streets for a while beforehand, and was brought in only after she had been hit by a car. Her rear legs were never set properly and healed. She can get around just find and can run with the best of them, but her gait is unique, and if she over does herself she feels it at night.

In addition to her broken leg, she also has a chunk missing in her one ear, a broken off canine tooth, a broken tail tip that healed with a 90 degree bend, several battle scars and was emaciated (shelter said she wouldn’t eat much) and had a raging ear infection. My wife thought I was crazy when I told her this was the dog.

It cost a couple thousand in vet bills to get her to where she is today, but you could not ask for a better family dog. The 2 labs are all but inseparable, and the new lab, Jasmine has taken to her new job of “overwatch” like a champ. She patrols all the windows in the house looking for signs of nefarious activities in and around the neighborhood. When not crashed out on her dog couch, she is sure to be either on the window seat or the arm chair next to the window making sure no ne’er do wells are afoot on the premises.

2026952A-03F1-4DCC-818F-D1BC8118C6BE.jpeg

View attachment 662489

I think I have a post in here with her and our 2 beagles. Sadly the beagles have passed. The male beagle was 15 when he went and the female was 16. The female raised the lab since puppiehood and was like a surrogate mother. Tela took her passing very hard.

We decided to get another dog, but could not commit to a full fledged puppy at this time in our life, so we opted to get a rescue from the shelter.

We found a lab pit mix that had been in the shelter for around 5 weeks. She had been living on the streets for a while beforehand, and was brought in only after she had been hit by a car. Her rear legs were never set properly and healed. She can get around just find and can run with the best of them, but her gait is unique, and if she over does herself she feels it at night.

In addition to her broken leg, she also has a chunk missing in her one ear, a broken off canine tooth, a broken tail tip that healed with a 90 degree bend, several battle scars and was emaciated (shelter said she wouldn’t eat much) and had a raging ear infection. My wife thought I was crazy when I told her this was the dog.

It cost a couple thousand in vet bills to get her to where she is today, but you could not ask for a better family dog. The 2 labs are all but inseparable, and the new lab, Jasmine has taken to her new job of “overwatch” like a champ. She patrols all the windows in the house looking for signs of nefarious activities in and around the neighborhood. When not crashed out on her dog couch, she is sure to be either on the window seat or the arm chair next to the window making sure no ne’er do wells are afoot on the premises.

View attachment 662490

Truly awesome what you’ve done for that rescue.

View attachment 662489

View attachment 662490

very sorry about your Beagles, the Howdy sends his condolences.

but, YAY! Jasmine! and YAY! YOU! for the rescue!

the howdy.jpg

very sorry about your Beagles, the Howdy sends his condolences.

but, YAY! Jasmine! and YAY! YOU! for the rescue!

View attachment 662893

My brother has the female beagles sister (from same litter), she will be 17 in about a month. She has the same face and build as howdy, although her brown is a little darker.

Beagles are great dogs.

The trick is to buy all your furniture on Craigslist. We lost 3 couches before our labs grew out of it. Total cost..$75.

Well, good news... My wife already hates our couch! :D

But actually we're trying to do a good job of watching this pupper like a hawk and making sure that he only chews on approved surfaces (his toys). It's like having a toddler though... One second looking the other way and he's on something he shouldn't be!

our dog Howdy is a handsome boy & keeps getting more so as he gets older. the BigHair calls him our beagle George Clooney

howdy going gray.jpg

our dog Goombah is just as handsome, but dumb as a post. he chewed a hole in a comforter & got his head stuck inside. He didn't try to get out, didn't panic, just sat there I don't know how long waiting for us to get him out. the BigHair calls him our beagle Brad Pitt

1080.jpg

Latest posts

Back