Do they make beer in Dublin?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hkench

Reaction score
Lol! I'm heading to Dublin for Thanksgiving, and even hitting Edinburgh Scotland for a day. Besides Guinness (already doing the tour), can anybody recommend some cool brewery's or pubs? I'm staying in district 8.
Tia

Hal

Here is one more.

Sweetman's

Right in the city center. (An Lár)

The porterhouse is a great spot. Never been to Sweetman's.

Both are well within walking distance of each other with plenty of other great bars in between.

Here is a great one owned by a friend of mine. Highly recommend it.

The Dame Tavern

Have fun. Dublin's a great city. (I'm a tad biased though)

I've posted on this topic in the past.

J.W. Sweetmans was good when I went/

The Guisness tour was great. Really good food. On the floor where you get to pour our own pint I had old folks brining me their beers. They just wanted to get the certificate :)

I also did the pub crawl put on by some of the hostles. As a young guy I had a blast.

Enjoy

Guinness have opened there experimental brewery for tours. I think it's Tuesday and Thursday but would double check. The have just released Guinness golden ale( not my favourite but ok) Guinness nitro an iPa served under nitrogen and hop 13 which is very good. If you do go make sure you visit the experimental brewsry

The Black Sheep is a quality pub with a healthy offering of local (Irish) craft brews. They also have 4 pump casks :)

Alfie Burns, the black sheep, An seo, Against the grain, 57 the headline, L.Mulligan grocer are all great pubs. Black bird is another. There really is a great craft scene going on in Dublin now so a great time to visit. AFAIK Guinness is the only brewery in town running tours. Most of the breweries in the city are pretty small operations so don'y run tours etc.

I'm sure I'm missing some names if they come to me I'll update!

PS. If you want to go get just a great pint of Guinness but not have any craft beer I'd suggest The gravediggers pub or The long hall. The best pints in town IMO.

I too had a pint of Oyster Stout there. Very cool place, a 4 floor pub!

Temple bar was great, could spend a lot of time there!

Couldn't get into sweetmans because it was late, and kids weren't allowed in.

Bleeding horse pub was also a good find. 25 beers on tap.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Hal

Back