Dark Lord 2017

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If someone was smart they'd AirBnB their house in West Lakes (the subdivision behind FFF) for DLD weekend. You could make a killing. Charge like $2k for 3 days and I guarentee a group of 8-40 people would snag that up.

I should have bought there when they build that 15 years ago just as a rental property...

If someone was smart they'd AirBnB their house in West Lakes (the subdivision behind FFF) for DLD weekend. You could make a killing. Charge like $2k for 3 days and I guarentee a group of 8-40 people would snag that up.

I should have bought there when they build that 15 years ago just as a rental property...

Damage Deposit: $10,000

really disappointed by that 1-star review

there was potential there and it went untapped

I looked around at other sites. There are some good ones, many available under their old name.

TL;DR it's a hotel pretty much specifically for truckers. The truckers generally think it is an ungodly lilacflowers. TRUCKERS think it is ungodly lilacflowers. You gotta be pretty foul to accomplish that.

For those interested, we stepped up the shuttle to DLD this year. Pairing up with the DMen Tap (who will have a food truck again at Floyds this year) who will be serving coffee, breakfast and more at the pick-up spot.

Also doing a pick-up at Maria's in Bridgeport.

Round-Trip:
http://store2.craftbeertemple.com/dark-lord-day-bus-round-trip/

All Buses:
http://store2.craftbeertemple.com/beer-classes/
I gotta ask because I'm a cheapass: are breakfast, bloodies, beer, and coffee included in the round-trip ticket price, or a la carte?

I gotta ask because I'm a cheapass: are breakfast, bloodies, beer, and coffee included in the round-trip ticket price, or a la carte?

Booze is for sure not included. Not 100% on coffee. I think DMen said the food would be like $5 all you can eat. So no, not included.

Side Note: If you're a cheap-ass DLD is prob. not the best place for you to go. ;)

Booze is for sure not included. Not 100% on coffee. I think DMen said the food would be like $5 all you can eat. So no, not included.

Side Note: If you're a cheap-ass DLD is prob. not the best place for you to go. ;)
I'm a cheapass more in principle than in practice :)

Thanks for the follow-up & the additional info! Still sounds like a pretty decent deal. If we were group A I'd jump on it, but since we're group B this year it's between this and sleeping an extra couple hours...well, you met my kids yesterday, so let's be honest, it's the hypothetical concept of sleeping an extra couple hours.

It's April 4. This event is less than a month and a half away.

Where are all the weather updates?

Come on people. Get with it.

Checked this morning for shits n giggles. Accuweather believes it will be a high of 77, low of 48, partly sunny, 19% chance of rain.

Based on this, I have calculated my own forecast:
article-2170474-13FAA03B000005DC-956_964x637.jpg

We've got weather speculation. Let's start the rumor mill too

1) Everything is infected except for Vanilla. In an attempt to make a larger batch they added malort to the Vanilla to make the first ever Vanilla Malort Dark Lord
2) The metal bands will be scrapped this year in replace of Snoop Dogg, however Snoop isn't going to show up so we'll be left with his son shooting hoops for the entire event
3) Guest taps will be replaced with homebrews
4) Munster has legalized public bottle shares, however everyone will have to be dressed as Pennywise for it to be legal.

I'm 100% sure all of these are accurate too, my friend's cousin's brother-in law's gas station attendant had dinner at a Wendy's where Nick Floyd was last weekend.

1) Everything is infected except for Vanilla. In an attempt to make a larger batch they added malort to the Vanilla to make the first ever Vanilla Malort Dark Lord
2) The metal bands will be scrapped this year in replace of Snoop Dogg, however Snoop isn't going to show up so we'll be left with his son shooting hoops for the entire event
4) Munster has legalized public bottle shares, however everyone will have to be dressed as Pennywise for it to be legal.

I'm 100% sure all of these are accurate too, my friend's cousin's brother-in law's gas station attendant had dinner at a Wendy's where Nick Floyd was last weekend.

You forgot about the gold wax on the bottles for the BA Vanilla aged in Pappy barrels.

Real talk, if you bring your tote bag from last year, they will let you exchange it for one of the vintage DL bottles they have lined up as reserve.

Not something they are advertising or talking about when people ask, though. Just supposed to be a surprise reward for repeat visitors who show their DLD spirit.

Real talk, if you bring your tote bag from last year, they will let you exchange it for one of the vintage DL bottles they have lined up as reserve.

Not something they are advertising or talking about when people ask, though. Just supposed to be a surprise reward for repeat visitors who show their DLD spirit.
hqdefault.jpg

RedCoffee hanging around the bottle pickup area watching chaos unfold:

Yw0oaUY.png

Has anyone heard of any special events throughout NWI/Chicago for DLD weekend? The only thing I've seen so far is a 3 year vertical of regular Dark Lord at the Open Bottle on Friday and swear I remember more events leading up to DLD

Has anyone heard of any special events throughout NWI/Chicago for DLD weekend? The only thing I've seen so far is a 3 year vertical of regular Dark Lord at the Open Bottle on Friday and swear I remember more events leading up to DLD
Flossmoor Station has....something going on.
Burger Antics always has a TB crew get together.
There are always tappings in the city that I'm not up to date on.

Local Option does "The Day Before" every year.

Beer Temple usually has a Dark Lord vertical as well.

Beer Geeks in Highland, IN always does an event the day of where they tap KBS (and other BA beers)

Flossmoor Station has historically done a barrel aged barleywine release the day before.

Mikerphone (& formerly Slapshot) have hosted Pale Pauper day the last several years.

18th Street Barrel Massacre was the night before the last couple years - but was moved to June this year.

What other years did Flossmoor release a barrel aged barleywine? They are releasing one this year. Some new beer I've never heard of before.

Wasn't Wooden Hell a pre Dark Lord Day release the first time? I could be wrong.

They mix it up, I suppose some years it was a barrel aged scotch ale, or barrel aged imperial stout. They have also done a BA sour, a 12% Pilsner. I guess I should have just said a "bottle release" usually barrel aged.

I thought BA Fireside Chat was a pre-DLD release but I looked it up and I was wrong. It was BA Thundersnow that year.

What other years did Flossmoor release a barrel aged barleywine? They are releasing one this year. Some new beer I've never heard of before.
wasnt 2 or 3 years ago a beer with Fire in the name a barley wine?? hell, who knows. I just go to Flossmoor to hang out with you and Pasta. Friendsies Furrever!!!

I do not recall Fireside Chat being a Pre-DLD release.

I remember .357... I remember that dual Brown Is The New Black and Finlaggin release.. then Big Poppa and Barleywine #4.. I recall BA Shadow Of The Moon a couple years back..

I don't recall what last year was..

BA Shadow of the Moon before DLD 2015. Man, drinking beer from the brewery (like that they actually let us have draft beer in plastic cups) while standing in the sidewalk was great. Something you just can't do in New England.

Back