Christmas Spirit, My A$$

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was a meat cutter in a grocery store for almost 20 years.

So was my dad. Ever lose a finger? My dad never got a serious cut. When my dad passed away from a hear attack when I was a kid, I remember shaking hands with a lot of his co-workers at he funeral -- lots of missing fingertips. ;)

bottlebomber said:
Didn't think you were much for baking... thought you said biscuits was all

Definitely would use this for pizza dough as well :).

I wanted to get a bit more into baking, especially things like breads, but I wanted a unit like this first.

Good memory though!

emjay said:
Definitely would use this for pizza dough as well :).

I wanted to get a bit more into baking, especially things like breads, but I wanted a unit like this first.

Good memory though!

I have a hard time forgetting things people say, especially song lyrics. Can't remember names to save my life.

If you decide you want to invest in an excellent book, The Bread Bible by Rose Levy Beranbaum is the ultimate. It has all the all the recipes by volume/english/metric which for me measuring my ingredients by weight was a big turning point in baking (try weighing a cup of flour, then weigh your next two to illustrate how volume measurements suck), and it takes you from basic yeast bread, to breads made with yeast sponge starters and of course wild yeast starters. Her other 2 books Cake Bible and Pie & Pastry Bible are the only books I use. She is a food scientist, so there is a ton of technical explanation and troubleshooting in the books as well.

I have a hard time forgetting things people say, especially song lyrics. Can't remember names to save my life.

If you decide you want to invest in an excellent book, The Bread Bible by Rose Levy Beranbaum is the ultimate. It has all the all the recipes by volume/english/metric which for me measuring my ingredients by weight was a big turning point in baking (try weighing a cup of flour, then weigh your next two to illustrate how volume measurements suck), and it takes you from basic yeast bread, to breads made with yeast sponge starters and of course wild yeast starters. Her other 2 books Cake Bible and Pie & Pastry Bible are the only books I use. She is a food scientist, so there is a ton of technical explanation and troubleshooting in the books as well.

Thanks for helping me make my next purchase

Latest posts

Back