20 $ for 6 gal cider kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluketamer

Reaction score
i have to admit ive been reluctant to post this cause i didnt want to kill my supply.

i brew can kits - oh the humanity - i know
beer snobs can turn away now.

but abc crafted has been running clearance on hopped beer kits for 10 $ with dry hops included which is cool. 40 minimum for free shipping threshold. i know all you guys hate canned beer kits so i am posting this because maybe the cider people will approve?

20 $ for 6 gallons of cider is very good.

figure 8 bucks for kilo of dextrose and with the price of apple juice these days this is still a great deal. i just threw together a 2 gallon cider and motts juice cost me 16$.

and 40 $ shipping threshold is hard to find these days i thought i would share

these kits are most likely sweet as 90 percent of hard cider these days is not dry. but i imagine you could dry them out with montrachet instead of the kit yeast. and add sugar to taste post fermentation.

shout out to suzieq who gave me this heads up in the first place.

enjoy

i have to admit ive been reluctant to post this cause i didnt want to kill my supply.

i brew can kits - oh the humanity - i know
beer snobs can turn away now.

but abc crafted has been running clearance on hopped beer kits for 10 $ with dry hops included which is cool. 40 minimum for free shipping threshold. i know all you guys hate canned beer kits so i am posting this because maybe the cider people will approve?

figure 8 bucks for kilo of dextrose and with the price of apple juice these days this is still a great deal. i just threw together a 2 gallon cider and motts juice cost me 16$.

and 40 $ shipping threshold is hard to find these days i thought i would share

these kits are most likely sweet as 90 percent of hard cider these days is not dry. but i imagine you could dry them out with montrachet instead of the kit yeast. and add sugar to taste post fermentation.

shout out to suzieq who gave me this heads up in the first place.

enjoy
Let the beer snobs do their thing. To each his or her own i say.
Let the co$t savers rejoice! These are great deals... might be older, etc. Buyer beware.
I say Thanks for sharing, and please always share for thoose here who appreciate a great deal.

i bought 8 of the beer kits the expiration is october 2024 which give me plenty of time to brew them. likely the cider kits are similar expiration dates but i cant vouch for them.

crazy cheap beer kits

enjoy

Cool. Scored 30 gallons of beer for 50 bucks! For some reason, did not charge tax, maybe beer is food? Shipping notice 2 hours after order placed. Have all the necessary yeasts and sugars on hand. Could be an occasional go to when I'm feeling too lazy to spend 2 hours cleaning stuff up.

yes yes yes
thats what im taking about
welcome to the dark side of canned kit brewing

the kits come with mangrove jack yeast
which appears to be quality from searching the boards

and a side of dry hops usually which i have never before seen in prehopped canned kits.

what kits did you get

cheers

btw the cider is also a steal

nice another one ... and slowly the kit brewers emerge

i picked up 8 of them

i got 3 of the stouts 2 pilsners a blonde lager a draught lager and the amber ale.

what are you planning to brew them with dextrose, dextrose / dme , dme with added hops , or some other fermentable or mix of fermentable. ?

and will you use the kit yeast or something else

cheers

Got 2 browns, a stout, a pilsner, and the wheat. The browns and stout I'm not worried about, robust flavor, but the pilsner and wheat could show defects being lighter in flavor, but I got them anyway, what the heck. 10 bucks!

If the kits come with yeast and are dry and mangrove jack as you say, I will probably save them for other use, as I have plenty of yeasts in my fridge. But, I'd use them if I didn't have yeast on hand. If they come with some generic looking yeast packs, I'd toss and get name brand dry or liquid yeast, will make a difference.

Quite the deal if they include yeast, I had actually not caught that some might have yeast. It is not clear in their descriptions which come with yeasts and/or dry hops. Some of the AMZ customers were also misled by unclear descriptions. I'll document what comes in the kits I got when I get them.

I plan on trying the no boil approach, but I might crack and boil the brown or stout for additional flavor. And most likely use DME or a combination of DME and Dextrose to get OG closer to 1.070 for these in combination with a somewhat lower volume, 5 or 5.5G. Almost certainly will dry hop the browns with cascade or hops that come with the kit if that is the case.

The pilsner and wheat beers I will almost definitely keep as no boil to keep them as pale as possible. Probably go with Dextrose. Might dry hop the pilsner with saaz. Looking for OG in the low 1.060 range for these. Again, combination of adjusting the Dextrose and volume. I have Beersmith to aid in this. And of course, the OG will be measured, but BS has been shown to be fairly accurate.

Most likely make a carapils tea to add to the brown and stout for body. Both the pilsner and wheat can end up "thin" due to the Dextrose, but that isn't much an issue with these styles. You would think they account for this in their extract. Anway, it will be beer and probably pretty good regardless.

Due to the higher OG I plan to get to and just plain common sense even without mods, I would certainly let fermentation extend out to typical 3 or 4 weeks. You risk bottle bombs if going with 10 days as in the instructions. And doubt they will be drinkable in anything less than about 3 weeks in the bottle. The "10 days" thing for fermentation and bottle conditioning is highly optimistic. Probably came down from those idiots in Marketing.

Extract beers tend to end up with high finished gravities, so the "thinning" issue of using Dextrose isn't as serious. I'm not sure I'd go too out of my way to get DME to add instead of Dextrose if I didn't have it on hand, you would also think they took into account the use of Dextrose when they formulated their extract.

The kits as is with their yeasts are probably fine, but I have wlp300 (hefe) on hand and plan to use it on the wheat beer (instead of their workhorse yeast). I'll make a judgement on any other yeast changes when I get the kits and see what it came with. The pilsner is another that might need a substitution w34/70, a true lager yeast, but we'll see what comes in.

dont think my response went through hopefully this is not a double post but

thanks for the reply
i agree with most of what you said

10 bucks is insane for 4 lbs of prehopped malt extract
the kits have repackaged mangrove jacks yeast which from these boards seems like quality. i think from reading here that mangrove jack may just be repackaged notty , s05 , s23 , etc
the whole kit appears to be a repackaged mangrove jack pouch
the can kits dont have dry hops the pouches mostly do although not the blonde lager ( which is cool i have never seen prehopped kits with extra dry hops before. )
it is quite the deal see above

i definitely wouldn't boil any of the kits it messes them up can lead to twang burnt caramel etc flavors.
i had awful results boiling them years ago
1070 is huge and i would definitely do longer ferment and possibly double pitch yeast.
i have made lager kits with pure dextrose before and they turn out fine the stouts come out too thin usually with pure dextrose
i use brewers friend and it seems to come out very close.
i like adding carapils to kits and sometimes Maltodextrin it gives great lasting foamy heads.
i have posted on another board here about adding hop tea if only using dme and no dextrose.
i like the sweet spot of 2 weeks primary then force carb. 3 weeks primary better if you can wait and i def would do 3 or 4 if 1060 or bigger

i plan on doing a split batch with one of the pilsners splitting into two fermentors keeping one at 68 with diamond lager yeast and the other at 56 with diamond lager yeast ( i been having great results with diamond at 68 )

i also plan on using the kit yeast on one of the pilsners and do it ale temps to see what happens.

thanks so much for the reply i hav ebeen fishing for can kit brewers on here and it appers i have found some.

cheers to the closet can kit brewers who are not afraid to stand up to the beer snob bullies

brew on

Well, I can't say I have much if any recent experience with prehopped kits, the last one I brewed was probably 20 years ago, some Mr. Beer kits that got me into brewing initially. Both the pilsner and blonde lager kits would benefit from brewing with a proper lager yeast in the low 50s followed by long term storage at or below that temperature. Of course, you can do anything you like, the beauty of homebrew, ale or lager yeasts up to 70F. But there is a reason why lager yeasts exist and the results you get with them used traditionally are unique, but too much trouble for most people to bother with.

$10 for these kits is an absolute deal. Want another? $8/lb shipped 2022 cascade hops, I have gotten mine FEDEXed overnight:

https://www.yakimachief.com/cascade.html

Pilsner kit includes yeast packet, instruction sheet, and 14g hops for day 7. I will be replacing the additional 1Kilo dextrose with 2 gallons of 1.040 wort for a 5 gallon batch.

Attachments

• PXL_20230618_002748166.jpg
    PXL_20230618_002748166.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I also grabbed some of the sale items, thanks for the head's up!

Just an FYI for some who may have allergies to sulphites or artificial sweeteners: the cider kits contain those.

Like others have noted, I too plan to replace the dextrose with DME, add some of my own hops, and ferment the lagers under pressure.

So basically, I consider this to be a good deal on buying LME.

Thanks for posting, I'll also be brewing up the Pilsner kit first. I see the packet looks to be about 5g, underpitching, even with the low starting gravity of 1.040 (6G, 4lb LME, 2# corn sugar, S05). I plan on using w34/70, reducing volume to 5G and using 50/50 pilsen dme/corn sugar with probably some extra dme to get to about 5%-5.5% ABV. Don't think .5 oz of hops for dry hop is really doing much either. Can't complain for the price and level of effort. Looking forward to a quick brew day.

Howdy, another newb question. Can these cider kits be bottle conditioned? I'm trying very hard not to buy more of the beer kits but the brown is calling my name. You sir are a bad influence.

[Moved reply outside of quoted passage --Mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
It almost makes sense to just buy two kits of whatever style you want and brew them both as a single 6 gallon batch. The yeast is about right, 10g, you would have 1 oz of dry hops (I'd supplement with another ounce, though). $20 for 6 gallons of beer. Not bad. As is, I think the base kits are underhopped (based on the low IBUs they list), under dry hopped, and under "yeasted." This would solve that problem.

hi everyone hope it was a happy fathers day for all.

and a happy Juneteenth

sorry for the delay in replies. i really appreciate the responses.

smata - yes i agree true cold lagering and cold fermenting with lager yeast is great and there's a reason they have been doing it that way for hundreds of years. unfortunately my current pipeline is so congested that i can only fit my 2.25 gallon fermenter in the ferm chamber/ lagering fridge so i have been doing a fair number of warm fermented lagers with diamond yeast at 68 degrees then lagering in my kegerator with very good, ( close not perfect) results in order to keep my beer flowing over the summer. i dont drink ales in the summer although i loves a good kolsch and should prolly start brewing them.
in terms of the trouble of lagering , if these turn out to be good beer then you can spend the time and trouble you normally would have done brewing ag or extract to invest in lagering.
im disappointed with the yeast in these kits as there is absolutely no description on the packet and at this point i dont trust the website description much at all. for anything. i wrote the company to try to get some answers on the yeast. the kit says ferment at 20 to 25 c which i think is 68 to 78 f which is psycho hot in my opinion and crazy wide range. does anyone have any idea what yeast this could be or did they mess this up also. prolly shouldnt hate on that site because so far so good,
yes underpitched, very light on the dry hops and low abv with a high percent of corn (too high imo) if brewed as directed. im ok with that because i normally dont use can kit yeast and they normally dont come with dry hops at all so its still great. its a lightening brew day.

i found a way to open the dry side of the kit without disturbing the extract side on you tube . its easy with a scalpel or straight edge razor.
i was reluctant to soak the whole thing in warm water to loosen the extract while the yeast and hops was still in there. and didint want to warm it in water while ex[posed to all the air/ dust / cat hair (see my other posts) in the brewroom after opening the extract
ill post youtube link
last thing you can double up on the kits it works great for the stout making a rich dark roasty malty high abv stout that takes a while to age to perfection but it does. i find that you dont have to though. just add some specialty grains and dme to the one can and top up to 5 gallons. and from experience, doubling up the lagers and pilsners make them too dark ,more like octoberfest looking.
i saw that 8 $ a pound for cascade which is great but is shipping free i didn't want to sign up to the website?

beekeeper thanks for the pic
tom sellers - welcome to the thread please let us know how they come out sounds like a great plan i have started the pressure fermentation path yet but fear it is in my future because it looks even closer to breaking bad then my current setup. yes its a great deal on hopped lme just consider it lme with x amount of HBUS ( unfortunately we dont know x - lol )

SUZIEQ- yes finally i was hoping you would join . you are the reason for this thread because you alerted me to the 10 kits. you are an honorary veteran brewer because of that. i owe you big. get the brown its a 20 minute brew day and has a 2 year shelf life you'll kick yourself when they sell out or go off clearance. that's why i bough 8 . you can certainly bottle condition the cider why not.
your the bad influence you started it lol . a special thanks to you specifically

and thanks again everyone for the replies

brew on ( or more accurately, reconstitute and ferment on ) haha

wow thats a great price on hops thanks for the heads up

so wednesday i am putting this together
1 pouch of abc crafted pilsner (1.8kg)
12 ounces of dextrose
6 ounces of golden light dme

topped up to 4.5 gallons
this gives me less than 20 percent corn in the grist so hoepfully it wont make the beer too thin/cidery/corny/etc .
hoping for a og of 1042 and hoping i can get this down to 1008 for an abv of 4.5 percent

i will split this into two fermenters.

1 will get diamond lager yeast slurry from my previous lager batch and fermented at 56 degrees for 2 weeks possibly 3 weeks.

the other will get the yeast that came with the kit and i will ferment at 69 degrees for 2 to 3 weeks

i plan on splitting up the dry hops between the two. even though its just 14 grams of hops

excited to see how this comes out
also i emailed the company regarding the yeast and the sales rep says he will find out what yeast is in what kits and get back to me.

cheers

Doing something similar using w34/70 and 1/2lb of honey. Will post picture before going into the fermenter, curious as to how light it actually is going to be.

I will start higher, 1.050-1.055, fact is I have never been able to get below 1.015 with an extract brew and most end up around 1.020 even with aggressive yeasts.

Last edited:
I really appreciate the details guys. I did 1 can kits about 20 years ago but I think they all needed to be brewed back then. I've done a few partial mash kits lately for my beer drinkers but honestly I've not been to impressed with my results. I did order another round while on sale to follow you guys so please keep posting pretty please.

If you have two kits of the same type and don't want to buy more yeast (for example, the $12 for 3x S05 packets on Amazon which would work well with all kits), you could pitch the two packets into your first brew and then use that yeast cake for the subsequent brews. If the yeast packets are indeed 5g, that is. Underpitching can have a flavor impact and possibly result in higher finished gravity. Keep in mind to get at the yeast, you have to cut the pouch open, exposing the LME.

suzeq dont worry ill keep posting regardless of response. i like to hear myself talk. lol

smata - thats genius i was thinking almost the same. i split my pilsner today and plan to use the cake form the batch i did with the kit yeast as starter for next pilsner kit. thats 5 gm in 2.25 gallons which should be decent pitch rate.

today went pretty well. it only took me an hour . it would have been like 30 mins but i spent 30 mins arguing with the spouse that todays brew would only take 30 mins.,

ill try to do honest review of kit.

i removed the yeast and hops without opening the malt pouch with a scalpel. i got a delicious faint malt smell so i was worried that i opened both but not the case. i warmed the pouch in warm water to loosen the malt then boiled 3 liters of water removed from heat and added 12 ounces of dextrose, 7 ounces (Thats what i had lying around) of golden light dme and then opened the warmed pouch. i got an odd vegetal smell which made me nervous not a lot of malt smell like coopers. the malt looked darker than im used to for a pilsner or lager. like dark red dark also made me nervous. the pouch which i have never used before (only brewed cans) was much easier to use then i expected much better than the can. it easily poured out of the pouch and i just rinsed pouch by adding 2 cups of boiled very hot water folded over the edge and shook it like crazy it all dissolved in one attempt much easier then getting extract out of cans. i topped it up to 4.5 gallons with chilled filtered tap water. and stirred like crazy to aerate. checked gravity it came to 1.044. yeah! checked my temp hoping for 68 and it was hot like 75 . Damn . tasted wort- not a lot of bitterness like im used to. not alot of malt either. also seems to have a fair amount of very fine hop particle in the wort but im good with that. its also a little dark for a pilsner that might be my fault adding golden light instead of pilsen and topping to only 4.5 instead of 6. im a little leery about this kit i think it may be a very light beer. so i split up the two batches into two mr beer lbk's .

batch number 1) placed in ferm chamber and cold crashed it to 64 and pitched diamond lager yeast slurry from my last lager batch. a side note on the slurry. the love of my life knocked over my saved yeast slurry the night before. i usually taste the beer on top of my slurry and if its not sour decant the beer and pour the creamy yeast in while trying to leave some of the trub behind usually about a cup per 2.25 gallons. the slurry i pitched today contained quite a bit more of the beer and trub and was shaken up basically so im worried a little about this but prolly have to just RDWHAHB. i plan on chilling it down to 56 in a day or two. and fermenting at that temp for at least 14 days dry hopping on day 7 with 7 gms of the included hops. i will lager it as long as i can before drinking. ill try it in a few weeks tho. it will make beer it always does crossing my finger's its good.

batch number 2 ) i placed in the swamp cooler chilled to 68 and pitched the included 5 gm yeast pack. the yeast was very fine powder and looked like yeast. i now have a yeast cake to pitch into the next pilsner kit if i find the room temp fermented one with the kit yeast (ale yeast) is better or equivalent to the diamond lager batch. similar to what you were saying in your post. i gonna force carb this on july 5th in 2.5 gallon amcel keg and be drinking it on july 9th.

cheers

beer coming in 18 days .psyched.

on the sister site homebrewforumuk they have a whole board devoted to kit brewing. kits are very popular over there. i just joined and have been lurking . they have an interesting hop tea video which i think may be very easy to add to these kits if needed. ill post link .

love kit brewing

Did you pull a sample to check the color? If you are judging the color in the fermenter, that always looks much darker than in a glass. I will be using pilsen dme, corn sugar, and possibly honey, we'll see how dark that comes out. I really want this thing to be straw colored...

i pulled a sample in my shot glass ill post a pic . i would def use pilsen instead of golden light if you want straw.

I am now rethinking whether to even try a pils with extract, might make a chocolate and black malt tea and just turn it into a brown ale. I have been able to instantly identify extract brews in the past, probably wishful thinking that I am going to be happy with this style in an extract format.

This isn't as much a posting of a deal, but a warning or possibly a challenge to "take one for the team" for the eternally optimistic that are also taste bud challenged. I found these 25 pint Muntons Brew in a Bag kits for only $7 each! The price listed of $19.99 is for 3, as I've confirmed with the seller. Unfortunately, radio silence when I asked what the expiration date is for these kits. A discontinued product. I might chance it if a few months expired. Apparently, some think the kits are kind of poor even when fresh. Possibly a source of hopped LME? Or sink drain fodder? I, for one, will probably never find out.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1859444594...85&osub=-1~1&crd=20230620134449&segname=11051

I bought several expired kits from goodwill when I first got into wine making. I needed the 1 gallon jugs from several brookland brew's and the lg mouth fermentor of the mr beer. I'm embaressed to admit I brewed those puppies. The kits were intact/sealed but I replaced the yeast with a fresh Muntons. Nothing to lose but 99 cents for the yeast. Honestly well received by the crowd and just as good if not better then the "fresh" partial mash kits I've been brewing for the family. If y'all hadn't convinced me to buy 8 kits already I would try em. Though I'm not comparing apples to apples.

Last edited:
Most posters in the "Deals" section are going to have stories of having used embarassingly out of date materials, though mostly with a positive outcome. We just can't help ourselves.

The ABC Crafted pouches arrived today and I'm already regretting not having gotten more. They look so professional and all with October 2024 expiration.

Here is 7lb of Pilsner LME for $20.55:

https://www.amazon.com/Pilsner-Malt...5&sprefix=pilsner+malt+extract,aps,101&sr=8-6
Hopefully I'll remember to snap a picture of the kit LME vs Briess Pilsner LME.

Don’t get the mutton’s beer in a bag kits. They were not good back when they were available those are def very expired. I’m not looking for cheap hopped extract I’m looking for quality kits. Which there are a lot of just usually overpriced. But thanks for the heads up.
I would say go for the pilsher. Before you alter that kit so drastically. i like to try to make small step additions to kits before dumping in a bunch of stuff. It’s like the old adage of brew a proven recipe. Likely whoever made these kits followed some basic proven recipe so it should be good if you follow the directions or advice on the boards like dime dextrose 50/50 Addition. I’m sure the Pilsner with a pound of Pilsen dme and a pound of dextrose to 6 gallons will make a very light colored Pilsner very close to style. At least it should.
that big ol bag of Pilsner is a great great deal. Also a great heads up. If I was not doing cans I’d def consider it but I wouldn’t know how to keep it since I’m not using all 7 lbs at once. I guess in pint or quart mason jars but that sound sticky messy harder etc than dime.
the kits are so professional.that’s why I got 8. They look amazing and are put together so well. and very functional once you figure out how to use them. I am praying the beer comes out as good as Cooper’s or mutton’s kits otherwise I’m stuck with 30 pounds of prehopped malt Extract. I’ll know in less than 3 weeks

btw the kit yeast took off yesterday at 68 degrees. Within in 3 hours there was a fine white 1/8 inch kreusen forming today it’s almost two inches of thick foam. Love it.
Last thing I hope it goes without saying that you guys have some kind of minimal temperature control at least even if it’s just a towel wrapped around your fermenter in a bucket of water plus or minus ice and fan.
Temp control was my biggest game changer in Homebrewing.

cheers.

I'm going to go with a somewhat lower volume of 5.5G or so and use Pilsen DME and LME instead of the corn sugar to get to 5-5.5% ABV. Dry hop the .5 oz as specified. I do enjoy the all grain experience, but it would be nice to throw together a batch every now and then with little effort. If any of these kits workout well enough, I will become a customer. Their kits on Amazon are a very reasonable $20 or so.

hey smata - that pilsner addition sounds great i like the 5 percent abv and malt i would definitely add some bittering hop tea to balance out some of that ,malt. as the pilsner wort tasted very low on the bitter scale. no dextrose will mean a thicker beer. and i think you may want more balance with hop bitterness. i saw the amazon price and was surprised that its more than the website price as it seems like the same company store. its a good lesson to shop around and not fall into amazons trap. 20 bucks is still great for these kits. if the beer comes out good . i have high hopes. it should be as good as any other kit beer. maybe better with the cold nitro packaging.

so i posted on this thread or the other in the cider section that these are repackaged MJ kits, i have no proof. i assumed that because the yeast on the website sometimes lists MJ names and because i think i saw on a review that they are MJ kits. i cant prove it but they really look alot like MJ kits. but i cant match them exactly to the MJ site. if you look the stout is higher ABV and the lager is 1.8 kg instead of the abc 1.5 kg. i think they are mj kits i hinted as much when i wrote the company and i am still awaiting there return response. the irish red ale matches exactly like the abc irish red

ok so i just went back to the mj site and checked im convinced they are mj kits the red ale matches word for word .

im very excited these are quality kits with quality yeast that i will most likely be able to identify and good definable hops. MJ kits have a huge following with blogs and now i can use / copy there enhancers. my hopes for the finished beer just sky rocketed.
thanks for redirecting me back to the mj site.

now i have work to do matching mj to abc and cataloging the yeast hops malt etc.

and searching the boards in europe for mj threads.

wow now that i look i think only the yeast is available in the states i dont think they import the mj kits here. a quick search seems like i cant find mj kits in the usa - this is a great way to get european kits without prohibitive shipping. MJ is a new zealand company that operates in london i think

thanks smata
cheers

Comparison of Mangrove Jack's and ABC Crafted Pilsner:

Pilsner
Mangrove Jack’s
ABC Crafted
Volume (G)​
6​
6​
ABV % w/ Add Ons​
4.5​
4.4​
IBUs​
32-36​
Unknown​
Extract Weight (lb)​
4.8​
4​
Yeast Type​
M54 Cali Lager​
M10 Workhorse Ale​
Yeast Weight (g)​
10​
5​
Boil Hops​
Saaz​
Saaz​
Dry Hop (oz)​
1​
0.5​

Last edited:
thanks for the table above but it appears the kits are some mix of the traditional series and the craft series.

the traditional series all have abv 4-4.4 just like abc and same yeast tolerances the abc pilsner i believe is the mj tradional lucid pilsner its exactly the same description. to a tee minus the dry hops. the mj traditional doesnt have extra dry hops i am assuming the hops in the abc kit are saaz like in the mj craft series pilsner

i also am assuming its m10 workhorse yeast not b51 imperial the temp tolerances match the m10 more than the b51. i also am pretty sure m10 discontinued outside eastern europe.

regardless these are all quality kits. with yeast and hops and will make good beer im sure of it.

B51 came up when I searched Workhorse, but you are right, it is more likely M10. I think they have cheapened the kit some to meet a price point and make it simpler, but we know how to correct for that. I bet the boil hops have been reduced, the 32 IBU corresponds to 3 ounces of 60 minute Saaz, can't see them using that much or they may be using a bittering hop they are not telling us about.

so after some research

Abc amber ale 5.1 % same as
Mj craft series Australian pale ale possibly with ella and citra hops possibly m44 west coast ale yeast

Abc bitter ipa not on sale at abc crafted website

Abc blonde lager 1.5 kg of malt 4.4 percent no dry hops same as
Mj traditional series blonde lager

Abc brown 4% same as
Mj craft series chocolate brown ale possibly with m15 empire ale yeast

Abc draught 4.4 % with workhorse yeast same as
Mj traditional series crossmans gold lager workhorse yeast

Abc irish 4.3% m36 liberty bell ale yeast same as
Mj craft series irish red 20 g of goldings hops m36 libery bell ale yeast

Abc pilsner 4.4 % workhorse yeast same as
Mj traditional lucid pilsner with 14 gms of possibly saaz hops for dry hopping with m10 workhorse

Abc Pale ale simcoe chinook m15 same as
Mj craft series American pale ale with simcoe and chinook and m15 empire ale yeast

Abc Stout 4.4%
Mj working mans stout with either goldings or galena hops not sure.

Abc Wheat 4.7 % Bavaria m20
Mj craft Bavarian wheat with m20 bavarian yeast

this will help because you can search for reviews of the mj kits or discussions on the sister site homebrewforumuk

it does look like they cheapened the kits a little . whats with the 5 gm of yeast thats so sub standard

but ill deal with it with starters and other brand yeast etc.

good stuff here today love this site thanks again smata

Back