Christmas Spirit, My A$$

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. That is disgusting. All to save what, $100 on an Xbox? Despicable. I REALLY hope they find her... the chance that she might get away with it actually bothers me. The psychopath deserves a couple years in prison IMO.

I got fired from Radioshack in 2005 because I refused to open the store on Black Friday. The customers were already fighting and practically rioting in the parking lot and beating on the door, so I snuck my crew out the back and called the police.

Corporate mgt that makes their employees work on thanksgiving evening or midnight deserve the pepper spray

Don't go blaming it on management. You want to blame someone, blame the customers that come in and spend money on those days. If there were no customers on those days, the place wouldn't be open, and the employees wouldn't have to work.

I was a meat cutter in a grocery store for almost 20 years. I worked every holiday and every Sunday. Friends would come in and say "I can't believe they are making you work today!!!!"

I would answer: "Well, you are in here spending money, aren't you? YOU are the ones making me work today!" They would aways say "Well gee, I never thought of it like that!" Then they would go up to the counter and pay for their steaks. Dumbasses.

I got fired from Radioshack in 2005 because I refused to open the store on Black Friday. The customers were already fighting and practically rioting in the parking lot and beating on the door, so I snuck my crew out the back and called the police.

At Radio Shack? What were you offering, free handjobs? I've never seen more than one other customer at a Radio Shack, regardless of how busy the rest of the mall or plaza is.

At Radio Shack? What were you offering, free handjobs? I've never seen more than one other customer at a Radio Shack, regardless of how busy the rest of the mall or plaza is.

I can remember only a few off top of my head but they were pretty insane...:

Sirius Sat Radio: $5.99 with free one year subscription
Portable 7in DVD player: $25.00
HP Laptop: $99.99

emjay said:
Wow. That is disgusting. All to save what, $100 on an Xbox? Despicable. I REALLY hope they find her... the chance that she might get away with it actually bothers me. The psychopath deserves a couple years in prison IMO.

I could've got $100 off an xbox!?! Crap.

mmm yeah. No way I was going to camp out for a tv for my bedroom, which is pretty much all I wanted from the sales (I can get by with my almost 20-year-old tube tv for now thankyouverymuch).

I bought some computer stuff that I needed, but didn't really find any extraordinary deals. Was looking for a new video card, but I'll wait and see if there's anything on "cyber Monday" that seems like a good deal. I'm all about shopping online.

mmm yeah. No way I was going to camp out for a tv for my bedroom, which is pretty much all I wanted from the sales (I can get by with my almost 20-year-old tube tv for now thankyouverymuch).

I bought some computer stuff that I needed, but didn't really find any extraordinary deals. Was looking for a new video card, but I'll wait and see if there's anything on "cyber Monday" that seems like a good deal. I'm all about shopping online.

Keep your eye on Tiger Direct, they ALWAYS have INSANE holiday deals. I got a 1TB drive last year for $1 with free shipping. That won't happen this year with the hard drive shortage, but the video cards might be a hot ticket.

Wasting 3-5 days of vacation to save 100 bucks! Whoa, that's a deal.

Oh wait, I live in Cali and have seen this before. The ones that cause all the trouble aren't working! I am paying for their flipping time spent in the store, the items they bought and probably the car they drove to the store in and the roof over their head too! How forgetfull I can be!

The coda:

Black Friday Walmart Shopper Injures 20 With Pepper Spray

Read on...it's not just the initial incident.

When I first heard about these incidents Friday, even without it being mentioned by the person who told me, I knew there was going to be a Walmart involved.

This is why I refuse to go anywhere near a retail development on Black Friday. I have friends and co-workers that go every year and rave about all the great deals they get, but I just don't see how it could be worth the stress and threat of bodily harm. Once that mob mentality takes over, bad stuff happens...

Corporate mgt that makes their employees work on thanksgiving evening or midnight deserve the pepper spray

no one makes you do anything. If you value your paycheck more than your free time, go to work. If not, stay home.

we still live in a (somewhat) free country.

:mug:

I like how just in the last several years black Friday has snuck in as a more or less official "holiday". I mean, all the rest of them are merchant/consumer holy days, but at least make an effort to hide behind some kind of religious sentiment. This one doesn't even try...
Btw as was mentioned earlier in this thread this kind of thing only happens because people feed it. Why would you support people standing around Walmart at midnight? I did break down an buy 10 gallons of propane on that day...

I hate that crap too. Crowds, bad parking, lines, humbug.

I've found that the way to do it is to go to the mall Sunday night. Stores are open late but few, if any, customers are there that time of day. The customers who ARE there aren't the loonies who cause problems.

Hah

319516_193379564080284_174252539326320_412960_1270124682_n.jpg

I'm trying really hard to not go on my political high horse (its very high, and he has thick armor because he is awesome, but Kahkoobockett is not for this forum), so I am going to use an alagory. During hurricane Irene, some of my fellow New Yorkers were kind enough to order delivery just as the wind really started to pick up. Now, I am certain there were a few quadriplegics in need of a meal... perhaps the odd agoraphobic here and there, but for the most part... I saw these entitled, unempathetic, miserable little pukes who would put another person's life in danger for a <bleep> burger deluxe platter to be just one small step short of child molester.

Actually... no alegory, I'm coming out with it. If one shops on Thanksgiving (except online) for any reason other than an emergency, that person is maybe one or two short steps away from the people above.

So to recap, in the hierarchy of awful... Thanksgiving shoppers, delivery do-no-goods and finally child molesters. And now, now this protein-sponge decides to use a weapon... on thanksgiving... whilst shopping???

Ok... Im going to go look at some pictures of puppies and calm down. I think I popped an eye blood vessel. God, people just stink!

When I first heard about these incidents Friday, even without it being mentioned by the person who told me, I knew there was going to be a Walmart involved.

This is why I refuse to go anywhere near a retail development on Black Friday. I have friends and co-workers that go every year and rave about all the great deals they get, but I just don't see how it could be worth the stress and threat of bodily harm. Once that mob mentality takes over, bad stuff happens...

Same here. I enjoyed my day at home.

So she turned herself in... Great! 3-5 in the pen instead of 5-10 Or $10,000 per victim sounds about right.

I was brewing on Turkey Day but had to work on Black Friday. Retail sucks! I'm glad that I had the evening shift. It actually wasn't as busy as I expected.

Hopefully some people are getting smarter and avoid shopping on black Friday. I haven't since about 1987.

People never surprise me anymore. It's not that wild to imagine someone doing this type of thing anymore. The world has gone nuts. I saw a news story a year or so ago, a dude went into a convenience store for booze and he was turned down cause he had no I.D. He walked out and then drove his car into the building in attempt to kill the woman. You have to be careful who you piss off because you never know which one is the loose cannon...and nowadays people will randomly beat you up or shoot you.

Also, I don't understand the hate on the stores opening up at midnight. No one is forcing someone to hold that job. If they want to work at walmart or other stores then they need to accept that they may be asked to work at midnight/holidays/etc. Go work elsewhere if you don't like it.

I'm not going to bother to respond. I have Kahkoobockett in the barn.

Never heard of someone trying to run over a convenience store clerk while they were still in the store, though. Best I heard in a while was when I was in college. Over a roommate spat one of the students was expelled and arrested after plunging 2 steak knives into the glutes of his roomate. The logistics and specifics of this allude me. Even cranky James would have to be REALLY REALLY REALLY angry to throw a punch never mind pick up a steak knife... so not sure what set this guy off considering he was living in dorms where you chose your roommates to begin with. Secondly, did his roomy turn around and walk away? Did the assailant grab 2 steak knives in one fist, or one in each hand and strike at the same time? Or did the guy wait for his buddy to turn his back, stab him in the ass with one knife, and then get a second knife... rinse, repeat. My mind boggles when it comes to violent crime.

This and stories like it are why this year there is going to be a mostly "home made" x-mas, this even includes the childeren in the family. People put to high a value on molded colored plastics and we wonder why socitey is the way it is.

Zamial said:
this year there is going to be a mostly "home made" x-mas, this even includes the childeren in the family.

My kids are homemade too! What are the chances... :cross:

Update on the strory. It seems she may have been acting in self defense. They are going over video but it seems as though a stampede started for half off xboxes and people were being trampled upon. They say she may have fired the pepper spray to get people to stop trampling her and others. What a friggin scene that must have been!

I chose to sit at home with family and cook my ass off, watch football and get a buzz going. Isn't that what the day is about??

Last edited by a moderator:
Update on the strory. It seems she may have been acting in self defense. They are going over video but it seems as though a stampede started for half off xboxes and people were being trampled upon. They say she may have fired the pepper spray to get people to stop trampling her and others. What a friggin scene that must have been!

I can't confirm, but the way I heard it was the reverse: the woman was trying to get to the Xboxes and shot the pepper spray into the crowd, which started a stampede as everyone else tried to get away from it. However, at this point it doesn't sound like anyone--including the police--is exactly sure how it played out. It's not like the media would immediately jump to the most negative scenario without all the facts, right? :rolleyes:

drainbamage said:
I can't confirm, but the way I heard it was the reverse: the woman was trying to get to the Xboxes and shot the pepper spray into the crowd, which started a stampede as everyone else tried to get away from it. However, at this point it doesn't sound like anyone--including the police--is exactly sure how it played out. It's not like the media would immediately jump to the most negative scenario without all the facts, right? :rolleyes:

That's what he, and everybody else, heard as well. That was the instant assumption before the woman was even known.

Which is why he prefaced the whole post with "Update on the strory", mmkay?

I think u are hearing a few incidents rolled into one story, police have her on tape.

Sent from my Galaxy S 4G using Home Brew Talk for Android

Back