Centennial Hop Ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benjumanji

Reaction score
Hey I am relatively new to brewing, I've made about 10 batches following extract recipes over the past several months and wanted to start trying new things.
My brother in law works at a hop farm and managed to get me about half a kilo of centennial hops for free.
I'd really like to use them and I'm slowly learning the difference between hops.
I am just wondering if anyone knows a good way to put them to use. So I could use any good advice, ideas or extract recipes you got that use centennial hops.
Thanks for any advice you've got

Last edited:
Hey I am relatively new to brewing, I've made about 10 batches following extract recipes over the past several months and wanted to start trying new things.
My brother in law works at a hop farm and managed to get me about half a kilo of centennial hops for free.
I'd really like to use them and I'm slowly learning the difference between hops.
I am just wondering if anyone knows a good way to put them to use. So I could use any good advice, ideas or extract recipes you got that use centennial hops.
Thanks for any advice you've got
Centennial Pale
70% - Pilsner lite dme
30% - Bavarian Wheat dme
Target OG 1.048-1.050

I’m assuming these are whole cone hops

1.0oz at 60 mins
1.0oz at 10 mins

2.0 oz at Flame out

Centennial Pale
70% - Pilsner lite dme
30% - Bavarian Wheat dme
Target OG 1.048-1.050

I’m assuming these are whole cone hops

1.0oz at 60 mins
1.0oz at 10 mins

2.0 oz at Flame out

Appreciate the post.
Recipe sounds good.
They are pellet hops, would that change the amount I would need to use?

Appreciate the post.
Recipe sounds good.
They are pellet hops, would that change the amount I would need to use?
Yeah I’d drop the 60 min addition to 0.5 oz and the 10 min the same. And the dryhop with 2 oz with 3 days befor bottling

As soon as I saw centennial, I thought of Bell's Two Hearted clone as well. If you scroll down in the link you'll find an extract version.

Both would be delicious.

I have brewed the Bell’s Two Hearted clone many times. It’s one of my favorite beers.

There is also SMaSH I brew with Maris Otter and all Centennial which is tasty.

It’s a good hop to have one hand. One of my favorites.

Back