California common

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure there is an upper limit for the style. I've heard of some people cold conditioning (whether in the fermenter or in bottles) to get closer towards that lager smoothness, but bottling as soon as fermentation is done is fine as well.

Hi I've been experimenting with fermentation. my beer has been fermenting for 2 months. Is the yeast likely dead? Is it worth bottling ?

I wouldn't think the yeast would be dead. I've let batches sit that long for conditioning (or I was just too busy to get to bottling) and it was fine.

Hi I've been experimenting with fermentation. my beer has been fermenting for 2 months. Is the yeast likely dead? Is it worth bottling ?

Has been fermenting or has been in the fermenter? You could leave beer in the fermenter for quite some time. If it really means fermenting, either your temperature is too low for that yeast or you have something wrong.

It is in fermenter sitting on yeast cake and trub. The bubbling had been over for some time now. Do you think there is enough live yeast to eat the priming sugar?

It is in fermenter sitting on yeast cake and trub. The bubbling had been over for some time now. Do you think there is enough live yeast to eat the priming sugar?

Plenty of yeast left after only 2 months. At 6 months I'd start to worry but others have reported no problems.

But the way I bottled my California common. I opened a bottle after only a week cuz I have no patience. Pure awesomeness. Will keep then in bottles another 2 weeks

Thanks

Back