California folks,

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redrocker652002

Reaction score
I saw a post in another thread where a member was willing to ship a few beers to a fellow member. This got me thinking, is there anybody in the California area, or area's nearby that would be willing to do something like this? I am not sure if it is even legal, but what the heck. I have been really interested in trying other brewers beers as I have only had mine so far. It would give me a good idea how far off I am with my recipes and my processes. If this is against the rules, I apologise, I just thought it might be fun.

Another thought I had was maybe a California meet and greet. I am in the San Francisco area, but not against making a trek if somebody wants to host it. I have a small backyard and a modest house, and the weather here sometimes doesn't cooperate, but would be willing to host a little gathering to maybe exchange ideas, processes and have a few of each others brews.

Thoughts on this for my California brewers? If I am way off, just say so. Just thought it could be fun. We could even meet at a local park and throw a BBQ out there. Anyway, Rock On!!!!!!!!!

Check into local homebrew clubs. They normally have monthly meetings to do the exact thing you are talking about. I'm from the opposite side of the country from you, but we have clubs everywhere out here. We exchange ideas, review equipment, have cook outs and of course we pass around brews from each other. We also do club brews and host competitions as well as have club only competitions. It's a lot of fun and educational also.

Shipping beer is somewhat less than legal, ;) but done with great frequency and success. Probably best to use UPS or Fed Ex, and if they ask I just tell them it's homemade marinade. I pre-print labels and drop off at UPS, I used to drop off at Office Depot (they never asked questions), but I'm not sure if they still offer that or not. Unfortunately I've been in an experimental phase lately, and not brewing anything worth sharing. I really need to go back to the tried and true.

As far as a meet-up it sounds cool but I'm several hours down the coast. If I lived closer, perhaps.

I saw a post in another thread where a member was willing to ship a few beers to a fellow member. This got me thinking, is there anybody in the California area, or area's nearby that would be willing to do something like this? I am not sure if it is even legal, but what the heck. I have been really interested in trying other brewers beers as I have only had mine so far. It would give me a good idea how far off I am with my recipes and my processes. If this is against the rules, I apologise, I just thought it might be fun.

Another thought I had was maybe a California meet and greet. I am in the San Francisco area, but not against making a trek if somebody wants to host it. I have a small backyard and a modest house, and the weather here sometimes doesn't cooperate, but would be willing to host a little gathering to maybe exchange ideas, processes and have a few of each others brews.

Thoughts on this for my California brewers? If I am way off, just say so. Just thought it could be fun. We could even meet at a local park and throw a BBQ out there. Anyway, Rock On!!!!!!!!!
You might be interested in this…
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/fothb-xvii-new-year-new-beer.724409/

Looks fun, but it says you need 4 styles minimum. I only have one in bottles and one kegged. Gotta build up my styles I guess. Thank for the info, it looks fun. Rock On!!!!!!

Greetings from the East Bay... Dublin to be exact. I see you're in South City... I know there are some great homebrew clubs in the city and down the peninsula. I used to live in Redwood City back in the day... when it was cheep...lol.

Back