Bulk EVABarrier tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Coy

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Has anybody found a source of EVABarrier tubing in lengths longer than 39 ft.?

Building a 6-8 tap keezer and the 39 ft length commonly available seems silly.

Is there something specifically silly about 39 feet? If you wind up with a 6-tap keezer, 39 feet is about all you'd need. If you go with 8 taps, you would only need a little bit more. You don't need long lengths with that tubing.

Right - I'm running the 4mm EVABarrier on the beer side, 6 feet total per faucet through in-line flow meters, but some folks are running as little as 4' or 4-1/2'.

Not sure what length would not be considered "silly" by someone, but I think it's clear the majority of folks are running fewer than 6 faucets, so 12 meters likely satisfies a rather large part of the whole, whereas any longer would be a waste for the same cohort.

Cheers! (Also, EVABarrier kicks Ultra235's hiney :D)

I agree with Matt, use about 4-5 foot per keg for beer line and less for the gas lines. I've used a roll and a bit for a six keg two level keg fridge and for the gas lines and could have used less.

Wow, I'll take responsibility for poorly chosen "silly." Perhaps I should have said "odd."

duncan.brown, thank you for actually responding to my inquiry.

Bobby, I've purchased from your company in the past, I've seen many of your helpful comments, and especially appreciate your feedback in the electric brewing forum. I'm disappointed that you are calling my inquiry silly here without any information about my plans for the product.

I'm working on the keezer and a kegerator. I plan to install secondary regulators on all the lines and am considering the gas manifold for the kegerator being installed on top for ease of access. I've designed and installed draft systems in the past and on larger projects, I'd usually order gas line and beer line by the roll whether I needed all of it or not. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. Seems much less than silly to consider "roll" purchase here too. I think it's handy to have material at hand when needed.

Bobby, perhaps you'd be willing to take another crack at an answer. Is the tubing available in a longer roll? If not, maybe you can explain the 39 foot "odd" length. If it's based on 12 meters, why not 10? Isn't that the common multiplier the metric system benefits from?

Sheesh!

39 is a rather silly number to me anyway. Being a composite number with 3 and 13 its primes, it's practically magical!

Eva barrier is cheap enough. If you’re concerned about running out, just buy 2 rolls.

Bobby, perhaps you'd be willing to take another crack at an answer. Is the tubing available in a longer roll? If not, maybe you can explain the 39 foot "odd" length. If it's based on 12 meters, why not 10? Isn't that the common multiplier the metric system benefits from?
Sheesh!
39 is a rather silly number to me anyway. Being a composite number with 3 and 13 its primes, it's practically magical!

Sorry for being snarky about it. No, there is no source for larger rolls. They come from the manufacturer that way. As was mentioned, if you buy two rolls that should cover the whole project. It's dirt cheap tubing so even if you have a little bit of waste, it's almost nothing. It's listed as 39ft but I think it's actually 12 meters. Also a rather arbitrary length.

The rolls claim to be 12 meters, which would be 39' plus a scoche. I do have a virgin roll I could check if I cared ;)
I want to believe there was a reason for the 12 meters - like, there was actual market research involved - but who knows.

In any case, I agree with @Bobby_M, it's surprisingly inexpensive. More so than most might think at first.

For example, a quick check shows Ritebrew wants 42 cents a foot for 3/16" ID Bevlex 200 (solid PVC, pretty much the industry standard beer line) while Morebeer wants 44 cents per foot for 4mm ID EVABarrier in a 12 meter roll. Plus, considering one needs roughly half of the latter compared to the former, in the end the far superior line is literally half the cost of solid vinyl tubing per faucet...

Cheers!

My guess is it's probably a metric sized roll and the 39 ft is just an approximation for us non-metric Americans.

I just cut my roll into 4 equal pieces and ended up with roughly 10ft lines and good pours for any style, even highly carbed beers.

Further update from Kegland about 100m lengths not that helpful.

tubing info.JPG

This suggests US retailers cutting to 39feet as well which seems quite odd.

I think the response is really saying the tubing has been sent to Americas ( in 39 feet lengths).

Back