Best Yeasts for 80s-90s Temp?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desabat

Reaction score
What are some good yeasts that can handle high temps as in 80+ Fahrenheit with out any trouble. Doesn't matter the style I just want to be able to brew more beer while my chest freezer is full.

I think a brewing schedule change is better than trying to ferment at 80+.

Really, a fermenting beer needs to be at optimal fermentation temperature just for the first couple days while fermentation is active. Point is, you should be able to brew one weekend, let that beer ferment during the week, and then put the next batch in its place the following weekend.

Certain Saison yeasts like Wyeast 3724 and several Brettanomyces strains. You could also try your hand at wine.

Many of the Belgian strains like the higher temps. Above 80 might be pushing it. Wyeast 3724 can go to 95, try that.

I've used all of these into the 90s, basically all saison yeasts: Wyeast 3724, Wyeast 3726, Wyeast 3711, White Labs 565, White Labs 566, White Labs 670, Omega Yeast Saisonsteins Monster, Belle Saison dry yeast, Mangrove Jacks Belgian Ale dry yeast

not pushed all the way up to 90s: White labs 500, White Labs 530, White Labs 550 (and their Wyeast equivalents)

basically any Belgian strain

I think a brewing schedule change is better than trying to ferment at 80+.

Really, a fermenting beer needs to be at optimal fermentation temperature just for the first couple days while fermentation is active. Point is, you should be able to brew one weekend, let that beer ferment during the week, and then put the next batch in its place the following weekend.
So i can move beer from temp control after primary fermentation and let it condition at 80s without adverse effects?

I've used all of these into the 90s, basically all saison yeasts: Wyeast 3724, Wyeast 3726, Wyeast 3711, White Labs 565, White Labs 566, White Labs 670, Omega Yeast Saisonsteins Monster, Belle Saison dry yeast, Mangrove Jacks Belgian Ale dry yeast

not pushed all the way up to 90s: White labs 500, White Labs 530, White Labs 550 (and their Wyeast equivalents)

basically any Belgian strain

Would you recommend any particular saison strain over the others based solely on how well they performed at higher temps or will they produce more or less the same flavors?

My favorite saison strain so far is the Wyeast 3711 french saison or the Omega Yeast saisonsteins monster (its a "hybrid" of the classic dupont strain and the french saison) due to their absurd attenuation. I like my saisons very dry

Back