Anyone disobey SWMBO this week?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cannman

Beer Theorist
Reaction score
SWMBO was giving me grief about watching too much hockey last season...

SWMBO said the TV would have to go......

SWMBO will be pissed when the new 48" will replace our 12" sit-in-the-corner POS this week...

Damn... I don't even know the UPS man's name... I should give him some brew........

How does that old saying go?

Its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission?

Just get her something pretty that smells nice (or make yourself pretty and smell nice and make/take her out to a nice dinner) and that should mitigate her upcoming bad mood some.

I am confused here. What does, "too much hockey" mean?

I mean, you brew beer to drink while watching hockey, right?

All I can say is that as long as you are going to get in trouble for this "too much hockey" thing, you better be getting HD!

You know, this thread is just great. I am a fair hockey fan. I love to go watch the Bulldogs kick ass at the nearby college. I love going to see the Griffins a few times each season in GR. I love watching the Red Wings on TV.

Probably the ONLY reason we still have Dish Network is so I can tune in the Wings (and sometimes Ferris) on it. Otherwise I could probably satisfy my TV habit online.

I'm even kind of geeked about football season. Lions are starting soon, and my kid is now at Michigan State, so I feel obligated to support her by watching and rooting for the Spartans. I even upgraded my Dish last winter so I could watch football in HD.

It's time again to review TAILGATING recipes, for both football AND hockey! Who doesn't like bean dip and tortilla chips with their sports?? Chili? Duh! Wings? yes please!

But there are a LOT more snack food items to be had to help you enjoy the games. Personally, I am a fan of the protein snacks. Meat is a major portion of most of the recipes I like best when drinking beer and watching sports.

The hard part is pacing yourself throughout the game.

If your doing the dishes and laundry you wife probably just needs something to do, so she has taken up nagging you as an activity.

Oh and to answer your question. Other than going to work, or working around the house, nothing I do seems to get approval so I just kinda keep it as much secret as possible. Like golf when no one's looking, or drink from a keg so she can't count the empties.

If your doing the dishes and laundry you wife probably just needs something to do, so she has taken up nagging you as an activity.

Oh and to answer your question. Other than going to work, or working around the house, nothing I do seems to get approval so I just kinda keep it as much secret as possible. Like golf when no one's looking, or drink from a keg so she can't count the empties.

my wife does not nag. she is grateful when I do the dishes, she just doesn't like my obsessive rinsing.

Why do Minnesotan's make love doggy style? So they can both watch the hockey game on tv. ( insert yooper joke here) ;>) That is yooper with a small y, not our maven of all things containing alcohol.

Why do Minnesotan's make love doggy style? So they can both watch the hockey game on tv. ( insert yooper joke here) ;>) That is yooper with a small y, not our maven of all things containing alcohol.

What do Nevadans do after sex?
Pay the hooker. ;)

I'm going to have to prep this to fire it back on that special day :ban:

Somehow SWMBO found out the NHL starts preseason in two weeks... asked "if I planned on watching it..."

abbcaa9ddfe856683cda20e6ee5757bb3783c01a2082365a53e1f562e0a3e1a3.jpg

Yes I did, starting last night and continuing tonight.
Last night she told me I should come home early today from football at my brother's house. I told her I had not visited my brothers for three weeks, I wouldn't see them for another three weeks, and I would come home after the games. (We've had this discussion, dozens of times, always the same result) She went on a bit about minor things that needed doing by midweek. I finally told her that she was tipsy, go to bed. She went on. I told her she didn't know when to stop talking and go to bed. Then she went to bed, and slammed the door. Tonight she says I was mean, and if I apologize, she may forgive me. I'm not playing that game, I'm just going through my routine as ever.
I do wonder though, why she feels the need to supervise and manage me. It's not like I was 42 when we met, had had success in the service and two police departments, repaired my own boats, cars, appliances, spent my life helping other people solve their problems, had earned a pension, IRAs, savings enough to pay off her debts, no debt of my own, and generally handled every problem I encountered.
Oh wait, it's exactly like that.
I think I'll have drink.

Yeah. Nice would be more useful. Relaxed would be more useful. Bringing me a beer topless once in a while would be useful.
Or is that too harsh?
:D

While we're on this topic of topless...

My wife loves to drink tea... no less than 4 black teas are consumed at the home with who-knows how many while at work. When she comes home, I brew her a tea, she gets topless and sips...daily during the winter and summer... its kinda a win-win... BUT:

She has never brought me a beer or poured my wine... fully clothed in the dead of winter nor topless in the heat of summer... WTF!?!?!

(to her credit, all my birthday gifts, father's day gifts include craft selections from the organic store she spends a mini fortune at...)

but hell, bring me a PBR after a 12 hour shift, or something!!!!!!! :mad:

While we're on this topic of topless...

My wife loves to drink tea... no less than 4 black teas are consumed at the home with who-knows how many while at work. When she comes home, I brew her a tea, she gets topless and sips...daily during the winter and summer... its kinda a win-win... BUT:

She has never brought me a beer or poured my wine... fully clothed in the dead of winter nor topless in the heat of summer... WTF!?!?!

(to her credit, all my birthday gifts, father's day gifts include craft selections from the organic store she spends a mini fortune at...)

but hell, bring me a PBR after a 12 hour shift, or something!!!!!!! :mad:

It could be worse. She could be allergic to grilled cheese.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f45/allergic-grilled-cheese-sandwiches-122579/

I laughed. A lot. And laughed more at the description of yooper with a capital Y.

I still don't get why this is a problem in the first place. It's not like your wife comes to you over every little thing to find out if it's ok right? And honestly, whose wife isn't occasionally irrational about this or that, I tend to call my wife out on it when she does it in fact. If I didn't, I don't see how she could respect me, I certainly wouldn't.

That said, mad Kudos to the post over figuring out "getting rid of our current tv" was clearly just a request to buy a new TV. I absolutely have to remember that. That's awesome.

I still don't get why this is a problem in the first place. It's not like your wife comes to you over every little thing to find out if it's ok right? And honestly, whose wife isn't occasionally irrational about this or that, I tend to call my wife out on it when she does it in fact. If I didn't, I don't see how she could respect me, I certainly wouldn't.

That said, mad Kudos to the post over figuring out "getting rid of our current tv" was clearly just a request to buy a new TV. I absolutely have to remember that. That's awesome.

We're just having a little bit of fun :) Wife is the best thing to happen to me ;)

TV arrives TOMORROW!!!:rockin:

Buying another keg, a Portuguese floor corker and two carboys today. Swmbo was not pleased that I'm buying them, but hey, she'll get over it.... maybe

Buying another keg, a Portuguese floor corker and two carboys today. Swmbo was not pleased that I'm buying them, but hey, she'll get over it.... maybe

I have found that if you keep things out of SWMBO's way (like in storage except on brew day, or the garage) things really aren't a problem.

:)

Back