Angled CO2 tank connector

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerednai

Reaction score
I decided to opt for a 10lb CO2 tank which just about fits on the shelf of my keezer, completely forgetting to allow for space for the extra height of the regulator.
I assume I could just get an angled connector to put between the tank and regulator. Any better solutions? I assume I would just need a regular gas fitting?
IMG_8092.jpeg

an

Turn your regulator 90 degrees.
Only issue then is the dial etc would be upside down and would be a pain to adjust.
I guess I could adjust the dials so I could see them, but have the screw pointing down in the freezer.

Only issue then is the dial etc would be upside down and would be a pain to adjust.
I guess I could adjust the dials so I could see them, but have the screw pointing down in the freezer.
Flipping the gauges over would be 180° 🙂 . 90° would turn the gauges so that they face upwards, with the screw pointing up. The black housing around the screw is pretty deep(tall), so it might not work.

Put a collar on it and you could get another keg in there. Maybe not though with a 10 lber.

Flipping the gauges over would be 180° 🙂 . 90° would turn the gauges so that they face upwards, with the screw pointing up. The black housing around the screw is pretty deep(tall), so it might not work.

Put a collar on it and you could get another keg in there. Maybe not though with a 10 lber.
Yeah 90 degrees pointing upwards wouldn’t fit either because of the screw and the black housing. I’ll have a play tomorrow, maybe it will fit if I have it at less of an angle, maybe 45 degrees or so.

Looks like the tank and regulator are going to take up a big chunk of space in the freezer. No room for beer! Have you thought about drilling a hole in the side to run tubing only and keeping the tank on the outside?

Looks like the tank and regulator are going to take up a big chunk of space in the freezer. No room for beer! Have you thought about drilling a hole in the side to run tubing only and keeping the tank on the outside?
Yes that is another option, but I wanted to contain it inside if possible. I can fit 3 corny kegs in the freezer and the co2 tank which is my current requirement. Also wanted to avoid having to drill a hole in the side of the freezer. A collar isn't really an option.
I think my best option to keep the tank in the freezer may be to put an angled connector between the tank and regulator. Right now I'm only starting out so don't have 3 corny kegs anyway, just trying to plan ahead.
IMG_8094.jpeg

I decided to opt for a 10lb CO2 tank which just about fits on the shelf of my keezer, completely forgetting to allow for space for the extra height of the regulator.
I assume I could just get an angled connector to put between the tank and regulator. Any better solutions? I assume I would just need a regular gas fitting?
View attachment 814992
an
Spin your tank so the regularor is facing the freezer wall and then give the regulator a 1/4 twist back so the guages are facing up at a 45 degree angle.

. Also wanted to avoid having to drill a hole in the side of the freezer. A collar isn't really an option.
the best spot for holes isnt on the sides, thats actually the worst spot due to the coils. best spot is about 1-2 inches surrounding the hinges on the back wall. there's no coils in that area so you can drill a fairly large hole if you want.

just an FYI.
if your tank has to sit inside, so be it.

Spin your tank so the regularor is facing the freezer wall and then give the regulator a 1/4 twist back so the guages are facing up at a 45 degree angle.
Did you mean something like this? That darn collar is still too long, but I assume I could then change the outlet of the regulator with an angled fitting.
IMG_8095.jpeg

Talked it through with someone at Kegconnection they suggested a 1/4" street elbow on either the inlet or outlet side of the regulator. I'll probably give it a go on the outlet side.

That sounds like the best solution.

While you're still building, consider using EVA Barrier tubing and associated push-fit connectors, for both beer and gas:
https://www.williamsbrewing.com/Hom...ystem/532-EVABarrier-Beer-Tubing-39-foot-roll
Also comes in 6.5 mm.

Are you going to use plastic picnic/cobra taps to dispense?
Noted, but I went with this solution from Kegconnections to get me started: 3 Faucet Basic Commercial Kit
Rather than using the plastic taps that come with it I bought a tower from beverage factory (before I ordered from Kegconnections).. Polished Stainless Steel Triple Faucet Draft Tower - 14" Tall - 3" Diameter Column - Perlick Faucets | BeverageFactory.com
First timer, so I'm learning as I go.. This forum is awesome!

Are you handy? You could build a collar to increase the height of the lid. Actually, a collar would allow you to drill a hole to feed the line to an external co2 tank. Then you can start adding taps to the front of the collar.

Yes, but I thought you could turn the guages so they would face up. I see the low pressure line is going to be a problem with doing that.
Got it. With the street elbow I think I should be able to face them up slightly with the collar not hitting the lid of the freezer.

Are you handy? You could build a collar to increase the height of the lid. Actually, a collar would allow you to drill a hole to feed the line to an external co2 tank. Then you can start adding taps to the front of the collar.
Long story, but I'm trying to fit it to match the rest of my bar and I don't want to increase the height by much. I have a tower to come out from the top of the Keezer. I could add a 1-1/4" tall collar, 2-1/4" if I replace the freezer lid completely (Right now I plan to just add a wooden counter on top of the lid). A collar seems like a lot of work, for not much gain, but could be done if I have to go that route. As someone else suggested cutting a hole in the back sounds simpler.

Last edited:
That's exactly what I did for both my fermentation chamber where I use generated CO2 it to purge kegs, and my keys are where I keep my kegs under pressure.

Just cut a hole in the keezer lid to allow the dial to pop through. You'll be able to see the pressure when the lid's closed.

Back