Adding Blueberry Puree to American Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexanBrewer

Reaction score
I have 5 gallons of AHS American Wheat ready for the addition of blueberries. I picked up a 3 lb. can of Vintner's Harvest blueberry puree from AHS today. Do I add the entire 3lb can to the secondary? My wife would like a very noticeable blueberry flavor to the beer but certainly not overpowering. Any advice?

Im not sure about the blueberry but I used there apricot for a #9 clone and 1 can worked perfectly for flavor. I however added to the primary then after 10 days racked to secondary for 5 days for it to settle and cold crash.

Blueberry is a very delicate flavor and even with the full can you may not have enough. I have 6 lbs of blueberries in mine and I'll let you know in 3 weeks if you want to wait.

I just racked a 2.5 gal wheat beer onto 4 lbs of fresh blueberries.

I used the frozen method, no boiling/pasteurizing. Placed them in a sterilized grain bag, mashed em up real good with a potato masher, and wah-lah.

In 3-4 weeks we'll know if it worked!

Hey guys...any followups on these blueberry beers? Id like to a partial blueberry wheat this summer.

Back