A good feeling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krduckman

Reaction score
So, I'm a newbie to craft beer making. As probably most beginners, I made many mistakes to my first batch of Autumn Amber Ale (pitching temp, sanitation, fermentation methods and temps). I've been having guys at work with help me drink it so I could make more. Today I had one guy tell me it was awesome! Made me feel pretty good that beer I made, that I know had mistakes, tasted pretty good!

Sort of inspires me. ( shedding a tear) lol :)

I've heard some people say that they are biased towards their own beers, meaning that they tend to think their beer is better than it really is but I am just the opposite. I tend to be really, really critical of my beers and I've made beers that I've been extremely disappointed in but then when I give them to friends they say, "Dude, this is awesome. What are you bitching about?"

The compliments take the sting off of having screwed up and they certainly provide inspiration but I still get really pissed at myself if a beer doesn't turn out exactly as I want it to lol

i have been very disappointed with all mine. mainly since getting on this site and always reading about something i did wrong or could do better at. i gave some beer to a fella at work and he said "this is the ebst beer i have EVER drank" i thought to my self... dang if he thought that was good... he better just hold on! ITS ABOUT TO GET REAL!

I love a tasty homebrew. It's all up to tastes too. I love enjoy a double IPA and a RIS but others can't handle them.

Back