A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's worse for my brother Ross. He routinely gets addressed as Rose LaFlower, and assumed to be female.

Ha, I had an experience like that a while back. I was communicating via email with a person at our headquarters named Jadie. I had been working under the assumption that it was a woman (I used to work with a woman named Jade, so it seemed like not much of a stretch), until I got into a meeting and mentioned something about "Jadie said she couldn't make it" and one of "her" coworkers gave me a look and said "Jadie is *a man*." Heh, whoops.

I believe those were the moors actually

zCZbLBNQG_M206Yj9bkCZrAQpWJfBx74JDFWeGAQr2c.jpg

Jr High: Spanish I

9th Grade: Spanish I again

10th Grade: Spanish II

11th Grade: Spanish III

Sophomore year in college: Spanish I again

I am so good at Spanish I. Go ahead, ask me how to order a :taco:.

I literally had this same conversation with a Polish colleague in town this evening (as he was explaining how he's fluent in 3 languages). First time he's been in the states, and speaks better English than a lot of people I know... It's embarrassing how much Spanish I've had (almost identical as you described), and am only good at ordering at Taco Bueno. Well, not really embarrassing when I speak perfect party taco and burrito! [emoji16]

Would you believe it wasn't until my mid 20's that I realized a certain pejorative term for Native Americans was just a variation of "Indian"? I knew both terms, but never made the connection.

Cajun is the same pronunciation mangle of Acadian. It becomes even more obvious said in French.

Evenin'... wal, was going to put a Wit into 2ndary tonite, but MIL is stumbling' around in the general area. may postpone till tomorrow ...

It's my birthday today. I am currently drinking a Perennial Sump alone. I'm too lazy to take a picture. I thought this would be the perfect place to post this.

Happy birthday @Floored you strange person I've never seen before and am not afraid of.

Happy birthday @GavTheChavTheUntaggableLad

Some days you're the boot, some days you're the bollocks.

Back