A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im watching this

Watch "BANKS - Beggin For Thread (Live From Sirius XM)" on YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
See if you can find a good bottle shop around the Buford/Gainesville area. I'll see what I can do on my end for next Saturday.

Some of us from The New London Brew Club will be brewing. There will be a peoples choice Homebrew contest along with food. Look for the weird guy with ink on his leg brewing a RIS BIAB.

Awesome! Thank you. I'm the tall guy with a beard and some ink writing leaking out from under my right sleeve.

Morning. Coffee. Golf in the afternoon. Sunny and 70 deg today! Depending on how the round goes, more or less beer and/or bourbon - during the round, that is. Afterwards more is a given.

Love this time of year (minus the occasional tornados and hail...)! Made it out to the Rangers game Thursday last week, and perfect baseball weather! View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1462114341.756300.jpg

Beer and food selection has much improved in recent years. Had some donuts and chicken on a stick, and several goose island ipa on draft and tall boy cans. Buddy asked for a shock top who's not into IPA's, and accidentally picked up the shandy. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1462114354.395589.jpgIt's ok, if you like lemon piss.

Have a good drinking friendly day all!

Hi. Coffee and breakfast over. Going to help my chicken friend bleed the clutch on his truck. His chickens enjoy the rewards of my brew days. The chickens are funny to watch. When I walk into the backyard with a bucket of grains, every head turns and they come running and clucking from all around.

Boneyard Notorious crowler...and oatmeal.

aviary-image-1462120154826.jpeg

Stupid batteries in my yard equipment, always forget to charge the night before and they take 9 hours to charge. Plus they won't hold a charge off the charger. Rabble rabble!!

Going for a walk with the wife and kid to give the batteries some more time to charge.

Love this time of year (minus the occasional tornados and hail...)! Made it out to the Rangers game Thursday last week, and perfect baseball weather! View attachment 352588

Beer and food selection has much improved in recent years. Had some donuts and chicken on a stick, and several goose island ipa on draft and tall boy cans. Buddy asked for a shock top who's not into IPA's, and accidentally picked up the shandy. View attachment 352589It's ok, if you like lemon piss.

Have a good drinking friendly day all!

Great seats. Haven't been to game in ages. Hopefully I'll get to a few this season. Go Rangers!

Greetings!
Sipping on my first batch of JOAM. For a taste this good at 13%, I am a fan! Now if the Braves can just hold off the Cubbies it'll be a good day.

Sie nicht auf ihn hören. Mehr Bitte.

Guten Abend meine Freunde.

Meine deutsch ist geflunked ich bin afraid. Got the guten Abend bit but das ist alles. Something about not listening to Hunter's potato?

Having a broken Hatchet stout. It's ruby brown/black and tasty. Beer and weather are unchanged from yesterday's picture.

Also Q if you have time, I'd be grateful for any input on this.

Meine deutsch ist geflunked ich bin afraid. Got the guten Abend bit but das ist alles. Something about not listening to Hunter's potato?

Having a broken Hatchet stout. It's ruby brown/black and tasty. recycled pic. Beer and weather are unchanged.

Deutsch ist einfach. Ok fine not really. Mine is bad too. But there's enough similarity and crossover with English that it's not hard to pick up quickly. I studied it on my own pretty hard for a couple years and then stopped. I need to pick it back up. But with self teaching I probably taught myself some bad habits. Who knows.

Also Q if you have time, I'd be grateful for any input on this.

I've never tried the doing roast malts separate bit. But chemically if you were to do it this is the style.

The problem with steeping the roast grains separately is that when you drop down the pH into range for the non-roast mash, once you add your roast malts in you still get the acidity from them and drive the pH of the whole beer down. It impacts the balance. Now a sharper, acidic finish in that style I could see working, but it's fine without.

If full volume mashing including your roasted grains puts you at pH 5.5 with the soft water, that is what I would do.

I've never tried the doing roast malts separate bit. But chemically if you were to do it this is the style.

The problem with steeping the roast grains separately is that when you drop down the pH into range for the non-roast mash, once you add your roast malts in you still get the acidity from them and drive the pH of the whole beer down. It impacts the balance. Now a sharper, acidic finish in that style I could see working, but it's fine without.

If full volume mashing including your roasted grains puts you at pH 5.5 with the soft water, that is what I would do.

Thanks Q. Pretty much echoing my own thoughts. Really value your opinion nonetheless. Very much appreciated.

That's more than I got. My german is pretty much limited to the names of certain food and bier items.

JAOM sure can be good. It really needs some age on it in my limited experience.

JAOM is good. Definitely needs aging to be good, though, contrary to what some people say ime. At least a year to really shine.

Back