1st dry hop experience

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bferullo

Reaction score
I dry hopped for the first time. I definitely say, there is much more aroma/flavor. I think dry hopping is underated for newer brewers who, like me, tend to not have the patience.

Anyhow, I was just wondering other people's experiences. I realized that when i dry hop I should possibly consider upping the hop boiling. This beer I just made seems to have great flavor and aroma, but that "bite" is missing.

Thanks for any input

I realized that when i dry hop I should possibly consider upping the hop boiling. This beer I just made seems to have great flavor and aroma, but that "bite" is missing.

I think you mean bittering additions to the boil? What do you mean by "bite?" bitterness?

if so dry hopping shouldn't drop bitterness perception. What beer did you make, any way you could post the recipe? Something's not really adding up about the second part of your post.

Back