What's your beer line up for turkey day??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a brown on tap. I don't know what my hosts have, so who knows what the lineup will be.

Commercial:
Modern Times Blazing World
Hop Stoopid
Cuba Libres, of course
Plus whatever brews my BIL brings (sure to be some Lagunitas and Ballast Point offerings) along with the wine and *ahem* other party favors

Homebrew:
Some leftover Oktoberfest
A five-hop DIPA
Doppelbock style ale (sort of an imperialized Dead Guy clone)

And the turkey is brining in a case of pale ale I made back in August but forgot about.

Party favors are great! Gotta keep that edge off.

Most of the family I'm with for Thanksgiving, doesn't drink much craft beer, so I didn't go too crazy:

Revolver Blood and Honey
Lakewood Sin Mint Temptress
Real Ale Hans Pils

And my uncle is grabbing me some Tallgrass beers.

Starting the day with Irish Coffee, then in no particular order:
Lagunitas - High Westified Coffee Stout
Lagunitas - 2014 Cappuccino Stout
Lost Coast - La Merle
Anchorage/Jolly Pumpkin - Calabeza Boreal
Sierra Nevada - Barrel Aged Ovilia Dubbel
Shady Oak Barrel House - Sonomatastic
Shady Oak Barrel House - Groovalistic
Russian River - Sonoma Pride Dauenhauer
Russian River - Sonoma Pride Amasa
And a sixer of Daytime for in between.

Happy Thanksgiving, All!

Two home brews on tap: Silver Dollar Porter and a Timothy Taylor Landlord English pale ale clone. Traditional brews fit for a feast.

My PM Irish red went well with the turkey. But the Cooper's English bitter, brewed more like a Fuller's ESB, went well with the stuffing & this stout gravy my son makes @ Custom Culinary. Bitter also paired pretty well with pumpkin pie & Dutch apple.

My nephew hosted and, at his request, we did a sampling. I had 8 brews left from my Oktoberfest party so we sampled them. In order, light to dark:

Surf Dude Lager (Kona Longboard-ish)
Porch Swing Ale (somewhat hoppy summer wheat)
Old 82 DIPA (82 IBU, 1.082 OG, 8.2% ABV, 8.2 SRM)
Marzen Invasion Oktoberfest
First Watch Ale (amber ale with maple, vanilla, cinnamon)
Kezar Lake Belgian (BDSA)
Doktor Dunkel
Saturday Morning Mocha Stout

Strangely, it was the first time I had ever sampled my own beers back to back. A nice experience. Sampling one after another also allowed me to identify some of the flaws I would miss when I just drink a single beer with nothing else to compare it to. It was also good to get on-the-spot feedback from a variety of pallets with a variety of tastes. This may become a tradition.

Back